How to bring 02's down?

dboosted1

while tuning My o2's are around 830. What are the methods to bring the o2s down? 780 range @ top of third correct? The only thing that comes to my mid is lowering the fuel pressure. Right now I am 42 psi line off and with alky I am in the 830's Thanks

Change fuel pressure (if your chip has WOT BLM locked at 128 otherwise might not make a difference), raise boost if no knock, chip programming changes...

My problem is I am rich on bottom end (870-880) and at 780 at top of third. I use SMC alcohol kit with turn on point at 15# and 9 pn pump speed (no retard). FP is 40# static with '0' (no change) setting on Translator. Do I need to have Bob Bailey take fuel out of bottom end or is there something else I can adjust? Thanks.

Originally posted by Look Quick
My problem is I am rich on bottom end (870-880) and at 780 at top of third. I use SMC alcohol kit with turn on point at 15# and 9 pn pump speed (no retard). FP is 40# static with '0' (no change) setting on Translator. Do I need to have Bob Bailey take fuel out of bottom end or is there something else I can adjust? Thanks.

With the translator, why couldn't you lower the fp at the regulator to below 40# static. This would lower the 870 on the bottom end and then you can compensate at WOT, over 3000 rpm, by adding a few pounds with the translator, ie +10%(4lb). Then you can dial the WOT fp back from there if you are too rich on the top end and don't have kr, leaning out for more speed until kr.

I just used my translator + to do this to run a 100 Xylene mix with a 93 octane extender chip. Hope that helps.

Thanks Tim. I will try what you suggested and see how it works.
Let me know how it turns out. For example, I keep my static fp at 42 lb for my redstripes and had my WOT set at +2%. I noticed a little kr(1.6) on my street tune in 3rd. So I just added 2% for a +4% WOT fuel adjustment, and did not have the kr. The point is the translator works well for minor adjustments like that.

I know that no amount of fuel will correct kr if the boost is too high for the octane, but most people know the boost limits of different octanes. BTW, I like the buildup and performance in your sig, that is the combo and times I will eventually build to.

I'll post here when I try it. It is too darn hot here (95*) to go play.

I like my combo and it seems to run well. I don't want to put a cage in it so I am pleased with the high 11s. If I used slicks, I could probably be in the mid 11s, but then I would need a cage. The car only has 39,5xx miles and does not see much track time; mainly just go to cruises.

I like my combo and it seems to run well. I don't want to put a cage in it so I am pleased with the high 11s. If I used slicks, I could probably be in the mid 11s, but then I would need a cage. The car only has 39,5xx miles and does not see much track time; mainly just go to cruises.
IMO, that is one of the best setups. 11's on street tires, no cage, and very streetable turbo and stock D5, excellent! Plus going much faster I think would greater increase the breakage factor. High 11's is what I am aiming for, but everyone has a different idea of what they want their car to be, drag car, stocker, or like yours, a combination.

tim87tr---I tried as you suggested. I lowered FP to 38 instead of 40 and put Translator on 10% rich. My bottom end O2s went from 870 to 900!! At top of third I was at 830 as opposed to 780 previously. It appears that the 10% rich is affecting the entire rpm range and not just WOT.