How strong is the TTA stock fuel pump?

vader t

Hey guys, I probably know the answer already however, I just picked up a set of 42.5 lb injectors and a TA-49 from a friend, is it possible to use the stock fuel pump keeping the boost to 20lbs or less? I'm seriously trying to keep this car mild and trouble free. Also would Red's XP pump work in our cars? Thanks for your insight.

A fuel pump does not hurt the reliability of the car. Reds pump, which is a Walbro 340, does fit the tta. However I think the only hotwire kit that fits our cars is Racetronix. O and the stock pump will not support the mods you have.

HTH Jason

I would also suggest the Walboro 340 for your setup. I ordered mine and the hotwire harness from Racetronix. Once you get the harness you'll realize why Racetronix is so well known for their quality. I couldn't believe it when I got mine, it actually look better than factory and is a very high quality product. It's a pain in the ass install the fuel pump, and probably the only thing I have done on my car that I would not do again for free. The harness is a very simple install and should take you about 10 minutes to make it look fairly decent so nothings hanging or anything.

i've got same mods(TA-49, 009's...and some others as seen in my sig.) and i've been running stock fuel pump, i've had the Racetronix kit sitting here for a few weeks ready to install, just haven't ....is there any noticeable changes once i have the upgraded Fuel pump in?
-Joe

turbota633 said:
i've got same mods(TA-49, 009's...and some others as seen in my sig.) and i've been running stock fuel pump, i've had the Racetronix kit sitting here for a few weeks ready to install, just haven't ....is there any noticeable changes once i have the upgraded Fuel pump in?
-Joe

how much boost are you running with that stock fuel pump? You should be able to run like 20 lbs with your injectors and that turbo on pump gas. When working your fuel pump as much as you are right now I doubt it's going to last very long. I think it's just better to replace it before you get stuck somewhere and then have to replace it. Really you could probably run the stock pump on your setup alright I just wouldn't trust it.

72firebird said:
how much boost are you running with that stock fuel pump? You should be able to run like 20 lbs with your injectors and that turbo on pump gas. When working your fuel pump as much as you are right now I doubt it's going to last very long. I think it's just better to replace it before you get stuck somewhere and then have to replace it. Really you could probably run the stock pump on your setup alright I just wouldn't trust it.
I ran 19PSI with Allchy and stock pump last year....But, that isn' the issue. The issue is that a stock pump is old now and a failure at the wrong time will cost you an engine....Thats the issue here :)

I've got an XP pump in my GN getting ready to go to a double pumper with new combo so I will just switch it over to the TA. The XP should be the exact same in both cars even though the tank is different right?

vader t said:
I've got an XP pump in my GN getting ready to go to a double pumper with new combo so I will just switch it over to the TA. The XP should be the exact same in both cars even though the tank is different right?
Yes.

Jason

Lee_Burough said:
I ran 19PSI with Allchy and stock pump last year....But, that isn' the issue. The issue is that a stock pump is old now and a failure at the wrong time will cost you an engine....Thats the issue here :)

we ran high 11s @115 back in 89 with my wifes stock TTA ..BUT that was years ago when it was a new car !! I to wouldn't want to trust an old pump :rolleyes: