How Rare?

turning lamps that cool. recently saw a limited in connecticut with the rose red color a landau roof with a moonroof and climate control ,i think they couldnt deep up with the demand they stuff those motor to anything on the line and said no putting v-8 non turbo so they sit on the lots

I think there is one like that in my aera. You don't happen to live in ny do you?

No not from ny. Ya I think like many of you are saying there was so many differnt combinations and different optins that you could get with these cars that it makes it hard to figure out.

turning lamps that cool. recently saw a limited in connecticut with the rose red color a landau roof with a moonroof and climate control ,i think they couldnt deep up with the demand they stuff those motor to anything on the line and said no putting v-8 non turbo so they sit on the lots

They pulled mine off the line as it came with a V-8 sticker on heater box & not the turbo sticker.

the limiteds could have also been ordered without the chrome trim, that would be the W02 (blackout package) instead.

Black out limiteds? Are you sure? I thought limiteds could be ordered with just about any option, though the landau top and chrome trim was mandatory. I've never seen a non chrome limited. I had one, but it was chrome/landau of course.

Black out limiteds? Are you sure? .

They did make them. One of the most common combinations I've seen was white with black out trim. Seen a blue one and a silver one as well. Was one for sale on here not too long ago. With the W02 pkg in combination with the Limited pkg. it eliminated the wide chrome piece on the bottom of the car. Here's a dark blue one with W02 http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/285619-limited-rare-w02-blue-blue-sale-new-pics.html

Lots of combos here

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-videos-picture-library/205092-lets-see-those-limiteds.html

I thought limiteds could be ordered with just about any option, though the landau top and chrome trim was mandatory.

Landau top was not mandatory.

I have a yellow beige limited that I purchased from the original owner in Arizona a year and a half ago. Has the cornering lamps, tan landau roof, and sunroof. Have seen just a handful more T's this color between this and other Buick sites. Enjoy!:smile:

You could get buckets in a limited along with the rare shorty console.

Those aren't bucket seats in your Limited. Those are what Buick called 45/45 split bench seats. The shorty console was mandatory with this seat. The only true bucket seats are those that require the shifter to be on the floor. I know..technicalities.:rolleyes:

It's 1 of 1035 if it is truly a turbo-t limited, but that's about as detailed as you can get with the numbers. Vin # should go like 1G4GM....M denotes limited. Cream/Beige is definately one of the less common colors. You could get buckets in a limited along with the rare shorty console.

All turbo limiteds were column shift and have unique/more plush door panels with better pulls and they say Limited on them. The plastic dash insert on the passenger side should light up when the headlights are on and should say Regal Limited

WHERE IN THE VIN WOULD you figure the color a car truly came with?

How did GM Denote this in the VIN cane someone explan all the colors?

Those aren't bucket seats in your Limited. Those are what Buick called 45/45 split bench seats. The shorty console was mandatory with this seat. The only true bucket seats are those that require the shifter to be on the floor. I know..technicalities.:rolleyes:

As stated, One of 1035(second most rare model with GNX being the rarest at 547) is quite rare. This is my favorite type of topic and turbofish38 is quite an expert.

Attached is an order form from Buick that I use as my justification that a Turbo T is a WE4. It also lists a bunch of the options and their codes that would appear on the SPID label under the deck lid. This is like the protecto plate and lists the vin, option codes and the code for the color.

RPOinfo.jpg

I don't have a list of colors but will see if I can scan one. Much of my lit is packed up.

Dennis Kirban's book has a bunch of info on these cars. On a side note to those 45/45 seats, in '86 the console had to be ordered separate from the seats which made the option(s) quite expensive according to Kirban. Anyone seen one with the seats but no console? There are a few I've seen around the DFW area over the years but all have the shorty console.

A WO5(limited) car has the ability to be ordered with WO2(blacked out trim). They are purported to be rare but until someone produces the production numbers I think the black out limited and chrome trim limited were fairly equal in number but being one of 1035, either is not too common.

One of very few to be sure as the Blacks, Blues, Grays and White where the colors I remember most.

Cool....this is why I have to keep coming back cause when I think I have something straight, one of those little technicalities pops up and keeps things interesting. Thanks for clearing that up......but they still look like buckets to me :tongue: ;)

I have the same interior in my 86 (as post #16) but mine is not a limited. I like it!

I have the same interior in my 86 (as post #16) but mine is not a limited. I like it!

There wasn't a limited turbo regal in '86, just the leather seating option. Does yours have the shorty console? Any pix?

No pics at the moment, just the same tall console and leather as post #16.

oh ITS ON THE rpo STICKER...

you got it....in two places on the RPO and also on the cowl tag.

for example on the following two tone car RPO sticker D84, 15U, 12L, U. WA8573, L. WA8535 all refer to the paint. Cowl tag contained 15U, 12L, D84

TurboBuickRPO.jpg

I didnt realize there were so many different combinations of T's... so the 45/45 seats are pretty rare vs. just the column shifter or bucket T's?

I didnt realize there were so many different combinations of T's... so the 45/45 seats are pretty rare vs. just the column shifter or bucket T's?

Purported to be very rare for an '86. As for an '87 I would guess that the leather vs velour pillow seats in the limited would be split pretty evenly at around 500 each way. Anyone have any production numbers that can be verified?

To me the niftiest thing about the limited was the coffin style door pulls, with the lighted dash plaque being second. I also love the cornering lamps, but those could be had on any but the WE2 and WE4. Anyone seen cornering lamps on a WO2 car?

'86 was 'limited'(funny huh?), but in '87 the combos got quite a bit more open and there are quite a few stripped down cars as well as loaded out examples.

I always thought the chrome mirrors were quite weird as I like remote mirrors on both sides. Any WO2 cars with the small chrome mirrors?

Also the '87 WO2 car with 19 code black paint that was suppose to have been unavailable after a certain date in '86. I know of one but have lost track of it. I used to see it at the strip and wondered why mine had no hood ornament and black bumpers and his had a hood ornament and chrome bumpers and the REGAL on the rear quarter panel.

I found these pix but I don't know whose car it is.

DSCF2067Mediumtanltdinterior.jpg

DSCF2135Medium.jpg