How rare is a GN with no power seats, windows, or door locks?

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
My '87 GN does not have factory power seats, windows, or door locks. Alot of folks have commented that they have never noticed one without all of these power options.
So I was wondering just how rare that is?

I bought the car from the original owner 14 years ago and he said he planned to keep the car forever and did not want these things to go wrong later and his Dad worked for GM in Flint and special ordered it without any power options.

My GN don't have any options either. I see alot with crank windows and no power locks. Mine has tilt and rear defog and T tops.. that's the only options. I also don't have cruse.
A friend of mine dont have tilt or rear defog! Now that's rare. Do you have tilt, cruse, or rear defog? I think the only other rare car would be one without the passenger side mirror. That was also an option that was put on almost all the cars I guess because it was so cheap. Most people bought these cars to race them so they dropped all that heavy stuff!

Theres a ***Tload WITHOUT power options, at Bowling Green in '95 I
counted 45 out of 65 TB's in the Stock class WITHOUT!!!
My Buddy has windows & Locks, but NO Tilt or Cruise on his GN. I would'nt want to take THAT car on a long trip:eek: . My Limited has NO rear Defog.

I've got tilt, cruise, and rear defog. So I guess am not all that rare, although I don't know of any in our local Buick club that doesn't have power locks and windows.
Thanks. I'll keep an eye out at BG this year.

I'd say a GN with no windows would be pretty rare, and I don't think it would last long in a bad neighbourhood. :D

For what it's worth, my first GN had Power Windows, but not power door locks. No rear defrost (FL Car), and no power seat.

How about a white limited, with blackout, blue pillow bench, crank windows, manual locks, no rear defrost, I forget if it has tilt or not, no cornering lights...

When I was looking for a GN I came across one with basically no options. Power nothing, no cruise, no rear defrost, no tilt and with an open rear end. I was blown away, who knows if it was legit (It looked totally unmolested). I passed on it because of high miles and I wanted a little more.

I ordered mine in April '87 without power options, no posi, no RR defroster, no radio, but with a power antenna.

I'm 6'2" so I had to have the tilt, was going to do some long distance driving so I ordered the cruise...and I can't stand wipers going all the time in a light mist, so I got the delay wipers. Coming up on 185,000 this week.

Oh, and I ordered the WE2 package ;)

My pops has an 87 T, no cruise, no int. wipers, no power windows, locks or any of the power options, no defog and no sport mirrors, peg leg! -Mat-

Originally posted by SVT F15O
My pops has an 87 T, no cruise, no int. wipers, no power windows, locks or any of the power options, no defog and no sport mirrors, peg leg! -Mat-

Now THERE is a rare one! Nice! all that and a peg leg! Get us the window sticker on that.. must be like 16K something! :)

Originally posted by phillyturbosix
My GN don't have any options either. I see alot with crank windows and no power locks. Mine has tilt and rear defog and T tops.. that's the only options. I also don't have cruse.
A friend of mine dont have tilt or rear defog! Now that's rare. Do you have tilt, cruse, or rear defog? I think the only other rare car would be one without the passenger side mirror. That was also an option that was put on almost all the cars I guess because it was so cheap. Most people bought these cars to race them so they dropped all that heavy stuff!
The GN package required sport mirrors on both sides. Sport mirrors were optional on the T packages, including Limiteds.

Not when I tried to order one.

It was my understanding the factory would reject orders that were coded wrong by the dealer when choosing options. Of course the occasional incorrect order would slip through.

Now THERE is a rare one! Nice! all that and a peg leg! Get us the window sticker on that.. must be like 16K something! :)
I doubt it. I got my GN with tilt, cruise, delay wipers and power antenna for under $15,500. Limited were relatively cheaper...and without the options I ordered, even moreso less that $15k.

Those dealers would order those cars with whatever you wanted or didn't want! :)
As is always the case, there are option combinations that don't fly with any manufacturer (A/C delete with a GN, a colored power antennna or ordering two sets of speakers, etc.). But there is a special story with the last GN models built. It was announced in early '87 to dealers that beginning in April '87 purchasers would have to pick from option package A, B, or C to simplify production on the extended-run GNs (past the usual model year produciton end date). As such, most GNs built after ~June 1 would be produced with all the same options in the A, B, or C package configuration.

I ordered mine on April 5 and either my dealer hadn't read the corporate memo or wanted to "slip one in" to make the obvious fast buck/low risk on an ordered car. Several months after recieving my GN I removed the rear seat and found a paper tag that read "Simpson -3 B" All I can figure is that I received a "B package" GN without 3 of the standard "B pacakge" options. And I still have that paper tag. :cool:

Yep all depended on the dealer. My Buick was at a dealer in Sycrasue NY and all the dealer sold was the Buick Regal line. They open in 82 ish and sold all the Regals, T types, GN's, and standard Buicks. They closed in the start of 88 when the Buick Regal changed. Because they were a exclusive dealer for the Regals the first owner of my car went there in late 87 and ordered it with no options and they built it that way. I'm guessing my car is one of the few of the late build low options cars out there. After a certain point you go everything when you ordered a GN as Buick was trying to get rid of everything that had so you would wind up with a loaded car no matter what. As seen on my build sheet here... :)

My build sheet...

my 86 t-type was ordered with no power windows or locks it was also ordered with the radio delete but it has a posi but don't have a rear defog.

has A/C with cruise/delay wipers and with alum bumper supports with chrome bumpers with the black out trim.

i wish it would have been a bench seat car.

car is also a light blue there is not many of them still around.

it's the plainest t-type i have seen in a while :biggrin:

when driving the gn i keep reaching for the crank handle to roll up the window since i have been driving the t for awhile.

now a friend of mine has a 86 gn that is a radio delete non posi with security/theft alarm. it also has the alum bumper supports .

it also has the funky overhead light with the map lights. has power locks/windows

I'm 99.9% sure the 1986 T-Type could not be ordered with column shift and bench seats. That interior was only available on the 1987 Turbo T and Limited models which is why Buick changed to that model - to mix/match many different types of options.