How often should stock Flex MAF hose be changed?

36IndexGN

I just ordered an O2 Sensor and Stock flexy hose for the MAF, Im guessing the hose I have is original for the car. Do these have a tendency to collect tiny pinholes that would effect Air flow readings?

thats kind of a hard question.... i dont think i know anyone with the stock hose still on there car? o wait.. my fathers gnx still has that hose... but it never gets driven .. so i dont know

I still have the stocker and see no need to replace it unless it has a hole in it. (Or if you want things clean and would like it new) I'm more comfortable isolating the MAF from the engine vibration as much as possible. It's ID is bigger than the MAF, so there's no restriction there.

I still run the original flex hose. Each season I re-wrap it with black duck tape. Keeps it looking new and covers up any holes that may be in it. The tape Only cost's a couple bucks, and it shines up nice with Armor All for car shows etc....

Thanks guys, a friend at a chevy dealership in Syracuse is picking me up some small random parts. Figured I replace this for the heck of it.;)

keep you eye on this hose,if you were to suck up debris through a hole in it your turbo could be damaged...only reason I see to get a solid maf pipe...