How much would you think this would cost??

Buick_noob

I might buy this car and use it for a Buick V8 swap...or should I leave it how it is? All this for $13k; he bought a truck

detailed description....

The car put down 471rwhp and 503 ft lbs of tq. Ed Wright did all of the tuning.

2000 camaro z28
mystic teal
body ~80k miles

Engine
thunder racing 408 (everything put together by Thunder) (paid $6k)
248/254 .615/.640 110lsa cam
72cc afr 225 heads 2.08 valves 1.60 exhaust
with a port matched fast intake and nw throttle body ($1000)
cometic head gaskets
Crane dual springs .650 lift
Titanium retainers
diamond pistons -3cc valve reliefs
4.00 eagle crank
manley rods
all federal mogul bearings
ported oil pump
double roller timing chain
comp lifters
stock deck height
11.6 compression
comp rockers 1.7
7.425 thunder hardened pushrods
all arp throughout

External
under drive pulley ($150)
clear tsp lid 75mm ($150)
85mm slp maf (transistor removed) ($100)
kooks 1 3/4 headers with stainless steel ory ($1200)
23 inch dynomax bullet
Qtp stainless cutout
katech belt tensioner ($75)
ls6 pcv system with a Mike Norris black catchcan. ($100)

Fuel System
37# injectors (~$300)
racetronix fuel pump with hot wire kit (dropped the tank, did not cut the body) (~$300)
tuned on 91 octane by Ed Wright in Tulsa

Transmission
Finish Line transmissions stage 5 4l65e, vacuum mod ($2300) (500 miles)
yank ss3800 ($600)
stock flexplate

Suspension
black bmr lower control arms ($100)
black bmr relocation brackets (bottom hole) ($100)
Black bmr adj. panhard bar ($100)
dms 1.3 inch lowering springs ($200)

3.42 10 bolt has about 40,000 miles on it. It has a girdle and is doing great. Hard to break with nitto dr's. Came out of a m6 car and has no abs.

Appearance
drilled slotted rotors
afterthought auto polished billet grille ($125)
afterthought auto stripes
black halos ($150)
turn signals, side markers, and taillights are tinted with spray tint
side windows are 35% and the hatch isn't tinted yet
autometer gauges (transmission elec. and fuel pressure elec.) (~$200)
dyno tune afr gauge, red led (lc1) (~$250)
slp linelock

I am asking as of doing the samething to the engine and trans? Would I be better off getting this and swapping it or doing it myself?

why the hell would you want to put an old POS buick V8 in an LS1 camaro for. That is THE dumbest thing ive yet heard. That car has a 408 in it, if you think anything short of a 490+BBB is going to outperform that you are dead wrong. I would bet on it that this car does low 10s on motor alone. Just whatever i dont even know what to say.
Gary

why the hell would you want to put an old POS buick V8 in an LS1 camaro for. That is THE dumbest thing ive yet heard. That car has a 408 in it, if you think anything short of a 490+BBB is going to outperform that you are dead wrong. I would bet on it that this car does low 10s on motor alone. Just whatever i dont even know what to say.
Gary

NO no no..I was saying putting the 408 into the buick...It did 11.00 flat at the 1/4 mile track.

Rico, we can get your car running a whole lot better than it does. I would stick with the v6 personally. If you're stuck on putting a v8 in it I have a 6.0l shortblock for cheap that you could build up. The camaro doesn't sound like any smoking deal to me. If you want get yours running better let me know.

John

Rico, we can get your car running a whole lot better than it does. I would stick with the v6 personally. If you're stuck on putting a v8 in it I have a 6.0l shortblock for cheap that you could build up. The camaro doesn't sound like any smoking deal to me. If you want get yours running better let me know.

John

Thanks pal..You know I am still wet behind my ears and a youngen to the Buick world, just all the thoughts that run through my head:confused: myself.