How much is it worth?

REGL8R

Thinking about selling my car... trying to get an idea how much to ask. If this is the wrong section to do it, mod please move it.

1985 T-Type Frame off resto, 87 Conversion... over 30K in receipts
All options, power windows, locks, moonroof, AC

-Less than 500 miles since completion
-Gunmetal Gray PPG Paint
-Built Motor
_.20 over Wiesco Pistons
_GN1 Aluminum Heads
_Billet Caps
_Roller Cam/Rockers
-ESP Front Mount
-Brand New 6776 Billet Turbo
-60 lb injectors/Turbo Tweak Chip
-Jimmys Built Trans/3200 Non lock Converter
-Firebid Seats
-3.5" DP, Hooker Aerochamber exhaust
-fiberglass hood, front/rear bumpers
-Powdercoated EVERYTHING.

No cost was spared! I know I'm missing some stuff.

Only thing holding it back is that its an 85, but IMO even an 86/87 Frame off isnt original so it shouldnt make that big of a difference bc this car was done RIGHT

Anyone care to chime in?

I would guess you'd be lucky to get half of what you spent on it in this market. You should use as many pics and documentation as possible, maybe the right buyer is out there.

Pics :D? It sounds awesome.

Gonna take it outside tomorrow and get some pics, I'll get some of the buildup as well.

I'm thinking about listing it at 18K and seeing what happens. Luckily I'm not in a rush to sell, but I have ZERO time for the thing and could use the money to put down on a house in the near future.

Only thing holding it back is that its an 85, but IMO even an 86/87 Frame off isnt original so it shouldnt make that big of a difference bc this car was done RIGHT

Anyone care to chime in?

My suggestion is when talking to a perspective buyer don't work from the assumption that the fact that it is a conversion is even an issue. Sounds like an awesome car and most people that would consider buying it wouldn't know the difference if you didn't tell them. As stated earlier in this thread, the market is terrible on these cars right now but that doesn't change the fact that you have a very desirable car at a reasonable price. If someone gives you grief that it began it's life as an 85 then politely thank them and move on to someone that wants a cool car for less money than they could build one themselves, regardless of the year on the title. Good luck!

BTW, I wouldn't take 18K for my converted 85 right now and I have less money in it than you do in yours simply because it is exactly the car I planned for it to be when I bought it 12 years ago and I see no reason to go out and buy an 86/87 that has been beat to hell and start spending money all over again.

I would be all over that car if I could afford it. It sounds very nice to me. I am like 9k off in my budget though :p.

Take my opinion however you like, but I feel that frame off restos are meant to stay with the current owner. You will never get even close to what you spent, but I think everyone familiar with a resto knows that. :) To me, I would think it would be a very hard thing to part with a car that you spent countless hours with while restoring it. It just depends on if you are the kind of person who doesn't mind taking on another car and starting from square one again. The itch will be there as soon as you sell it.

It sounds like you have quite a car on your hands and we'll await pictures! :)

Terrible market to sell right now.
You'll never get 18k for an 85 resto when there are low mile originals out there in the same price range.

Who built the motor and who pained it? Without detailed pics it's hard to say. I would say $11-14k depending on condition and who built the motor.

Who built the motor and who pained it? Without detailed pics it's hard to say. I would say $11-14k depending on condition and who built the motor.

Weber Racing in Ohio built the motor, paint job was done by a car restoration company called Paradise Motorsport in Chicago Suburbs but they are no longer in business.

Terrible market to sell right now.
You'll never get 18k for an 85 resto when there are low mile originals out there in the same price range.

My car would not be in the same market as low mile originals, the buyer would most likely be someone looking for a fast car and not wanting a rust bucket POS at the same time.

85 Buick pictures by turboregl8r - Photobucket

Here are some pics of the build up, I'll try my best to get some of finished product tonight. Only thing I would change is the rims, threw on some black Cragers with Nitto Drag Radials til I decided what I wanted. Everyone has different opinion on wheels anyways so probably a good thing and these can be used as drag wheels in the future.

Never been down the track but should be able to get a 10 second time slip w/ this setup... every car is different though so it could be faster or slower than expected ya know.

Okay guys, finally got the car outside and took some pics... didnt come out too bad considering Iphone and bright sun.

On the engine, I have a black 3" up pipe but need a plenum spacer because it comes in on an angle bc of the 4" MAF :mad: thats why its different colors ATM

They are at the same link posted above.

Eric man, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS???????????

Keep the car and enjoy it. You know what your problem is; you never come out with us and enjoy all the get together we have. That it self will motivate you to keep your car. No matter what you say or do, this is in your blood brother once you go to the Darkside there is no escaping. Isn’t this your 2nd or third Turbo Buick?? See what I mean!

Prasad:D

Eric man, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS???????????

Keep the car and enjoy it. You know what your problem is; you never come out with us and enjoy all the get together we have. That it self will motivate you to keep your car. No matter what you say or do, this is in your blood brother once you go to the Darkside there is no escaping. Isn’t this your 2nd or third Turbo Buick?? See what I mean!

Prasad:D

Thats just the problem, I have zzero time to enjoy it like I wish I could. I'm actually moving down to Florida Tommorow for an internship and don't know if I'll even be coming back. Once this is over I'm either going to have a 6 day a week job or be starting my own personal training studio... The money fro
the car would go a long ways. To be honest I'm actually more interested in getting a crotch rocket in the future, not because I like them better but the turn key and ride factor. I love cars but Im sick of working on them and worrying about it in the parking lot everywhere I go.

Who knows maybe it won't get sold and I'll end up keeping it either way I do wish I could have made it to one of the outings, the TB community is deffinitly a cool thing about these cars and I appreciate all the support over the years Prasad.

Thats just the problem, I have zzero time to enjoy it like I wish I could. I'm actually moving down to Florida Tommorow for an internship and don't know if I'll even be coming back. Once this is over I'm either going to have a 6 day a week job or be starting my own personal training studio... The money fro
the car would go a long ways. To be honest I'm actually more interested in getting a crotch rocket in the future, not because I like them better but the turn key and ride factor. I love cars but Im sick of working on them and worrying about it in the parking lot everywhere I go.

Who knows maybe it won't get sold and I'll end up keeping it either way I do wish I could have made it to one of the outings, the TB community is deffinitly a cool thing about these cars and I appreciate all the support over the years Prasad.

Well brother, you need to do what's best for you especially staring off your carrier. I know what you're saying about a bike but there is reason they call it a donor cycle. It's not you that get you in an accident but other jackasses behind the wheel that cuts you off and what not. Just stay with a car that gives you good gas millage, gets you around. Hey look what I drive on a daily basis, a 1997 Toyota Camry with 177K on it. Drive any where parks any where close to 30mpg on the highway and I can carless what happens to it.

As far as being supportive and helpful; that’s the way it is in our little Buick community. You are welcome brother.

PS. I hope you still keep the car. That car is very unique in its own way!!!

Good luck brother!!
Prasad:cool: