How much injector?

talstar

I am in the process of putting engine together and want to run E85. Planning on getting a double pumper and bigger injectors, just don't know how much I need. Combo- GN1s, 210/215 roller, 67/76

I am in the process of putting engine together and want to run E85. Planning on getting a double pumper and bigger injectors, just don't know how much I need. Combo- GN1s, 210/215 roller, 67/76

Nothing less than 120s :cool:

go with the 120# unless you have a FAST system then I would go with 200# injectors more injector is better with E-85 . I am running a double pumper with upgraded 340 pumps and a #10 feed line from the tank to Champion rails and 120# injectors are good for 10.50 ET,s any faster than that I need bigger injectors and a FAST system .

How big could I go with a double pumper?

At 70 psi, a double setup will supply just shy of 120 gph.

At that same point, 6 of 120# injectors demand about the same amount.

So the answer is 120's.

120 gph of E85 is about 900 hp worth of fuel.

I am going with the Fast system, so 120s it will be if that's what's safe with a double pumper.

I would tend to agree with the 120's. They should be adequate for the double pumper and beyond. My guess is that a more capable fuel system (larger supply/return lines, external pump, external FPR) is in your near future. Big injectors are great but you have to be able to get adequate fuel to them so they can do their job. And yes, FAST (or equivalent) will be in your near future as well. Have fun! Have you upgraded your suspension yet?
Hot Air

if your going with a fast system go for the 160's if you go with 120's and turn it up your going to be close to running out of injector. Why by injectors twice ?

^ i agree, get the 160's that way you have the injector if you decide you want to go faster

Ya Im with these guys go 160s you can always run them at 75% duty cycl then if need be later you can go to a better fuel pump and lines and use the 160s to there max.

I want to go as big as I can, I have done the buy twice way and it gets expensive. So, with fast 160s will work with a double pumper up to a point?

I’m no good at the math but there are some guys in here that are and they will be able to tell you what the max duty cycle 160s will be able to go using a double pumper with 340s. You could use the 200 as suggested to if you think you will ever need them. I would let these guys know what time you would like to see from your car so they can help get you there no since in over doing it ether.

Is there a better in tank fuel pump than a double pumper? As far as my goals I am looking for a solid 10s car. I have a ck built trans with a 9/11 stall, new rear end etc. Engine has a girdle also. May want to go faster one day as everytime I think it's fast enough i want more.

For in tank the only option I know of is a double pumper with 2 bosh 044s but you will need to make your own pick up or modify the stock one. That may get you to 100% on the 160 but then you’re looking at $400 for pumps so why not just add a sump and run an external pump at that point. Here is a cool way to run an external without sumping your tank I thought was a cool Idea. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/how-tos/316426-my-regal-chassis-build.html

Dual 044's will work in-tank with 160's as stated. But, you will have to turn down base fuel pressure to 35 to 40 psi (35 fpr psi if you run 25 psi boost, 40 fpr if 20 boost etc) and tune for that fp. And you will need all new lines, rail, regulator, etc.