how much hp?

As long as there is no detonation whatsoever and it was balanced and machined properly you should have no problems with a 3500# car in the mid 10's. I've seen stocker 13 sec cars break a crank and on the other hand i've seen guys runs in the low tens with absolutely no problems. If you buy a good balancer (BHJ) it will help big time. You can also internal balance although it's expensive it helps too. Aluminum rods also help soften the hit to the crank.

To add to what Dominic said there are a few people on this site that are running N/A cranks at 600 hp and not having problems so you definitely should be safe with a real turbo crank.

I think "bird" went 9.6 in the quarter with a stock crank without a girdle.

To add to what Dominic said there are a few people on this site that are running N/A cranks at 600 hp and not having problems so you definitely should be safe with a real turbo crank.

FWIW Some the the smarter types have said that the NA crank is just as "strong" as the turbo crank, it just won't go through as many fatigue cycles before letting go. ie: they'll both break at the same power level (say 700 hp) but the turbo crank will run at 600 hp longer than the NA crank before failure. That's what I read anyway. Hope that makes sense. james