How much does your TTA engine jump around when put in reverse?

Jan Larsson

Not sure how much all your engines "jump around" in the engine bay when you put it in reverse but mine really moves so want your opinion if this is normal or not.

I got all new motor mounts and trans mount (after market rubber style so should be close to OEM mounts), nothing is loose (bolts etc) ...

I took two movies where I rev the engine a few times and then go from park to reverse 3 times in total and you can really see the engine move around ... let me know if this is normal or if I should start to trouble shoot???

YouTube - TTA 1078 Engine moving when revved and put in reverse ...

Appreciate your views / comments / suggestions

MAYBE??? Use a tie down strap. Attach and eyebolt to the alternator and hook the strap to the hole in the bottom of the crossmember. Looks like a mount is weak already or ... . Each car has it's own PITA thing about it... Yours and mine love to eat motor mounts.

Just a guess...

Mounts and everything else only got 700 miles on them.

Engine strap would only help the twisting motion seen when I rev the engine not the "jump" when I put it in reverse (unless I tie down the passanger side as well).

Anyone with a stock engine setup that can let me know if yours is jumping around this much or not?

Is your trans mount in good shape? A poly mount works well in that location

Brand new as well so 700 miles on it ... not sure if a poly mount would transfer too much vibrations or not ... I stayed away from them on purpose for that very reason. Anyone got some experience running a poly mounts just for the transmission with OEM rubber mounts for the engine, good / bad?

I do! I ran rubber engine mounts with the poly trans mount. Considerable transfer of vibration,I couldn't take it and put the rubber trans mount back in. But, I'm running the adjustable torque arm from Spohn which still transmits some vibration.