how much does a stock 87 gn rim weight

87grandnat

wanting to save some wieght and was curious about what kind of difference could be gained from another pair of rims, thanks for any advice.

If I remember correctly: 29lbs without a tire, on a super accurate Wall Mart scale:eek:

My 15x8 Weld Pro Stars weighted 12 lbs, freaked the guy out when he pulled one out of the box to mount :D. But when adding 275/50's in back and 235/60's in front it gained some weight back so it wasn't that massive a loss. See pic below.

cool man, i was reading red's catalog and it says for every 100lbs you take off your car you pick up a 10th of a second in the quarter. So i thought i might give some thought to shedding some weight off mine, anyone else have some other really good was to trim off some weight?

I took off about 100 lbs by removing the sound proofing material behind the back seat, adding a fiberglass front bumper and removing the spare tire and jack. My GN isn't a daily driver so the glass bumper wasn't a big concern. Just got a set of ProStars so I should be losing another 40 or 50 lbs. Now if I could just lose another 20lbs from gut I could probably pick up 2 tenth this summer.

the Centerline 3-piece modular wheels (eg, ConvoPro, ConvoET) are also quite light, Centerline rep told me about 12-13 lbs, in the "normal" sizes (15x8).

Originally posted by 87grandnat
cool man, i was reading red's catalog and it says for every 100lbs you take off your car you pick up a 10th of a second in the quarter.

Don't forget that rotating mass is worth a lot more than that!

-S.

yeah i remember reading that too. thanks for all the ideals, if anyone else has any more ways please post them, thanks