how much$ can I get for my car

84wh1

pimp romeo
Hey , i'm contemplating selling my car and i'm just wondering what I can get for it. Any ideas

Detail:84 WH1 ttype--------good paint job, only 2 years old, entire car was sanded down to the bare metal. No rust on body, chrome or anywere. No dings/dents either

interior in good shape---No tears on seats or carpets, a few cigarette burns from old owner and a permenent coffee stain under back floor mats.(original floor mats in good shape). No cracks on dash or anywere, nor is the dash faded at all and the headliner does not hang low.

Motor--- Entire car has about 55 miles on it(90 KM) but motor was rebuilt about 15 000 miles ago, by the previous owner.(he claimed it was and he did put gaskets on the headers, so they were off)

It is a solid roof car and a peg leg. Car runs strong except gets detonation right now.(I won't sell it until I fix anything thats wrong with it, so it will be sold with NO knock)

It will also be sold with a new 4 core rad and lilkly an electric fan. (I will install both this winter)

Car does leak some oil(rear main) but that will be fixed by the time I sell it.

It has brand new insulation under the hood.

The car has a few mods done(check my sig)

So, what do you think I could get for this? Did I miss any important details?

Here is a link to a pic

http://www.gnttype.org/carofthemonth/archive/31thru60/sub42/comdetails1.html

My guess would be in the 7500 to 8500 US dollar range. It sounds like a real beauty, but it's just a darn shame that the non-intercooled cars can't garner as much in price as the 86/87 when comparing cars with the same features, condition and mileages.

My wife and I have an '84 WH1, with 90,000 miles on it. We've put alot of money into it - paint, motor and trans rebuild, etc. and it wins trophies at car shows....but I have a gut feeling we couldn't get the kind of money it should draw if we ever had to sell it. Just because it doesn't have an intercooler.

I have been trying to sell my 84 for some time now,everything is fresh,runs very very strong,car looks awesome in and out,55,000 miles and I can't give it away! I have been trying to sell it since the middle of the summer and have the price down to 4000.00 and no calls from the ad in the local newspaper.I am going to wait until spring and see what happens,if I can't get what I feel it's worth then I will give it to my wife.

Well, I hoping that I can get at least 5500 for it because thats about 8 000 CDN funds. At 8000 I would still loose money but I can deal with 8000. I was thinking about putting it on ebay? Does that sound like a good idea?

You paid more than $8000?!?! That would be the maximum if it was all running in A+ condition and mint, mint, mint all around. An average car should go for about $5-6000 CDN. Why are you selling it? You don't like going fast? :D

No, I didn't pay 8000, I paid 6. But, paint cost me 1700(my uncle did it for me cheap), I spent about 400 on new sensors and crap when I got it, new exhaust was 550, tires were 160(i think), parts I got from the states 1000+cdn funds(chips, downpipe, scanmaster, adj wastgate, fuel pump, hotwire, adj fuel reg, 87 maf).
Total is now 9810 $. So, at 8000, I would still loose money on this car.

BTW, I want to sell it because I want to move out relativly soon.