how much are stock GN wheel and original tires worth

gn.87

Time Capsule
I have a 9k mile GN and I am thinking about selling the stock wheels and tires. The wheels are is good condition with some minor chrome blistering. The tires are in very good condition with lots of tread left. How much should I list them for?

I have a 9k mile GN and I am thinking about selling the stock wheels and tires. The wheels are is good condition with some minor chrome blistering. The tires are in very good condition with lots of tread left. How much should I list them for?
Are they the Eagle GT tires? Would you split the tires from the wheels?

Keep them to the side , if you still have the car in 20 years from now you will want to put them back on..:D

Keep them to the side , if you still have the car in 20 years from now you will want to put them back on..:D

It looks like the car has already been modified, i.e. signature, so unless he saved the other "original" parts, then sell them.... They have little value, and these wheels are all over the place.

It looks like the car has already been modified, i.e. signature, so unless he saved the other "original" parts, then sell them.... They have little value, and these wheels are all over the place.
yea I saw the sig, I was thinking as we get older we always sometimes like to have the stock "look" once in a while, ive had many rim changes over the years and sometimes I go back and throw the stockers on for a season because their timeless heavy but timeless, its good to have the option in the future instead of a measly $300 in your pocket.

yea I saw the sig, I was thinking as we get older we always sometimes like to have the stock "look" once in a while, ive had many rim changes over the years and sometimes I go back and throw the stockers on for a season because their timeless heavy but timeless, its good to have the option in the future instead of a measly $300 in your pocket.

I'm thinking $1k or more for the stock wheels with the original tires that are in good condition.

I'm thinking $1k or more for the stock wheels with the original tires that are in good condition.
Possibly if their mint close to a grand with new tires, I see them 0n craigslist by me all the time 300-500 w/beat tires..

I do not want to bust your "bubble", but a wheel from a local desert GN w/o curb rash and no rust will sell for $150-200.

The 30 year old tires should NOT be used on the road as they are likely to have an issue, and an owner could be held negligent in case of an accident.

My original tires off my first 1987 turbo car are in the attic, and if the car was even going to a local show or event with them, it would be on a trailer. :)

I have to agree with the comment above. Time is not kind to rubber no matter what care is taken or how they visually appear. I would never drive on tires that old so I don't really think you can factor in the originality into any asking price. I think most buyers would look at the tires as a throwaway and you'd just be offered going rate on GN wheels unless the buyer is looking for concours. Just another opinion.

The old tires have the distinct possibility to disintegrate if you drive over 40 mph. My GN had Eagles on it from '93 and I must've heard that a dozen times. So I bought some BFG t/a's . As said before, time is not kind to rubber no matter how good it looks.
But I would probably hang on to the stock wheels , especially if the car appears outwardly stock. Nothing wrong with driving a "sleeper". Would probably surprise the hell out of some kid at a stoplight driving his daddy's Cobra.