How many V2's here

HOTSIX

Ran outta hand cleaner
I am receiving my kit very soon guys and I need some install tips.

How many kits are out there and how do you guys find um ?

Who here has the kit and can assist with how difficult the install is ?

Originally posted by HOTSIX
I am receiving my kit very soon guys and I need some install tips.

How many kits are out there and how do you guys find um ?

Who here has the kit and can assist with how difficult the install is ?

I have one :)

The install is pretty straight forward. Put the manifold on, re-clock the turbo, change the accelerator cable, hook up some wires, etc....

You will enjoy it.

Wastegate problems?!!

Damn! can one of you guys tell me exactely whats involved in using a wastegate with this kit?

I have the v2 intake on the way now , but just the intake. Iam going to run the ford intercooler or run my sperco if no one buys it soon.

I know it looks really nice , and they say its great . I'll let you know when i put it on soon.

I had no problem with the wastegate....

I just used one bolt to hold it in place. I belive I sent the turbo to crazyGN with it where I had it.

mebby he can describe it better untill I find a pic

I did the one bolt thing on my '49 and it didn't quite line up - so I had to tweak it. No big deal just had to make sure the rod was straight.

Drill out the spot welds that hold the wastegate to the bracket and cock it so the vacuum hose doesn't point down and reweld them together and you can use both bolts to mount it. This is if you are using an 87 style wastegate [one vacuum hose].

Confused..

Ok guys. Can someone tell me why all of this is needed to run a wastegate on the TM kit?????? Would things not change from the regular setup. Any info would help, thanks.

Todd, this is not your average weekend bolt-on. Especially using an external wastegate is going to eat up a bunch of time and require some extra work. You've basically got 3 options, do everything with stock parts and fix stuff as problems arise, go with aftermarket gear and have to do more fab and welding, or go spearco and loose some of the benefits of the V2 kit. I'd set aside a good chunk of time to do this project, either way you cut it.

External

I decided to go with the external wastegate, partially due to using Lee Thompson's 3" DP and partailly due to the PT-54 hood clearance. The fit is tight with the PT-54 if you still have the hood insulation and the metal shield that bolts to the hood (mine rubbed on the heat shield). I doubt you would be able to make the factory waste gate work with the PT or TE series turbo's. I think things would be tight around the waste gate to hood area (if using stock) on the TA series.

I have a few picture of my setup. Check out the link in my signature.

Haven't been to the track yet but, before any modifications my best 0 - 60 mph time was 8.25 seconds. After modifications listed in my signature 0 - 60 mph in 4.24 seconds (traction is a limiting factor). It's feeling real good. Both these numbers were aquired with a G-Tech.

Is the reason why you can't use the stock wastegate actuator with ease because of hood clearence? Thats the only thing i can think of. I have a new 86/7 wastegate to use. I'm not planning on changing to an external wastegate, do not have the resources or funds to do so. so besides emountint the wastegate, what else is needed to ake it work?

Turbos?

What are you Guys using for a turbo with this kit? I'm thinking of transfering the TE-51 to the Hot Air. Thanks,