How many running the powerstroke?

turbowrenchhead

Drive like you stole it!
I am wondering if there are alot of guys running the powerstroke i/c. I am and I love it. The seat of the pants power difference was amazing. But it didn't do much for my e.t.'s though. That is because the stock 390 cfm turbo can't keep up. My question is those of you with the plastic end tanks, have you had any problems with leaking or cracking. Mine has the plastic tanks I am wondering if I should get a metal end tank one just incase mine cracks.

I have teh plastic end tank IC and have had 0 problems, theres ford guys turnin the boost up to 30+ psi all the time on the powerstrokes and theres staying together. they seem to be very well constructed.

good luck,
Mike

i been to 32# on plastic tanks... no problems

i blew a hose off to my wastegate once and rapped my boost gauge around the clock and tanks are fine.

I am running one but no plastic ends on mine so i cant tell yea, but i can say your right on the money with the power gain, even with my car running very bad it pulls unreal in 2nd and 3rd gear. I give it a thumbs up.:D

No i bought it from a guy on here , it a good bit of cutting . I have some pictures i might still have them , if so i can email them to you. I think reds has a nice set of pictures when he did his. They make some power. The temp from the inlet to the outlet is unreal.

I have the Alum Powerstroke intercooler. It looks awesome and its big. Can't believe I got that hugh intercooler in. :eek:

hopefully i will be able to hit the track again in a few weeks and try to top 130 mph... thats my goal right now 130 in the 1/4 and i'll be :D

if i get a good set of slicks by then i might just launch it hard and see how far in the 10's it'll go

Where can I buy a Powerstroke intercooler? Do I just order one from a Ford dealer parts desk?

you can but it will cost you more unless you get wholesale..

post in parts wanted section and someone will probly pop up with one..

is it better to get the aluminum end tanks or plastic and what would the advantages be? thanks

i'd say alum because you can cut a few cores off the top and shorten it and it fits alot better...we just cut one down for my buddy's car and it fits real nice..

cant get pics cause my camera craped out on me...:(

as far as performance i dont see were there would be any difference...

I too run the Powerstroke IC with aluminum tanks.
Now if only I had a big turbo.......