How many ohms are stock speakers?

dpok69

Dpok69@aol.com
For teh csII system, how many ohms are the dash and pod speakers? Are they each 8 ohm?

I want to replace the speakers with aftermarket ones. Maybe 3 way 6.5s and 2 way 3.5s. But i am afraid that may total 2 ohms and blow out my pioneer head unit.

Stock are 8 ohms of I remember correctly & most aftermarket speakers are 4ohms which ANY decent aftermarket deck will handle no problem.

Doug C.

But if i install aftermarket pod speakers and dash speakers the headunit would be seeing two ohms right? A deck is not designed for this.
If the stock setup the pods are 8 ohms and tweets are 8 ohms. The reciever sees 4 ohms like this.

I've been running a set of cerwin vega 5.25"s in the doors & pioneer 3.5"s in the dash (both of which are 4ohm) with a Pioneer Premier headunit through the stock wiring for ~4 years now without a single problem.

It's a non-issue IMHO, just be sure to put a bass blocker on the dash speakers to keep them from tearing themselves up trying to push those low bass notes. :)

Doug C.

If you were to use kick pods consisting of a mid and tweeter than with a stock 8 ohm speaker it be a 4 ohm load.

I never tied running a Pioneer in 2 ohms but Kenwood decks can do 2 ohms also with no problems but you will have to watch to heaksinks (gets pretty hot).