How many are going to be at the Buick Midwest Challenge next weekend?

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
next weekend (Sept. 12th, 13th, and 14th) is the annual Buick Midwest Challenge at U.S. 41 Dragway in Morocco, Indiana...how many from here are gonna be there? i am STRIVING to get my trans done and back in before then...i know friday night is street car chaos night and there will be lots of all make cars there...last year there were TONS of GNs running:D hope to see as many people as possible!

we are headed out friday-
i will be in a 2002 blue dodge dually with kansas plates TURBO 6

not sure what i will be trailering, but it will be a buick!!!

maybe i will see ya there?

I'm thinking about going. Not racing though, as I'd probably end up transless like you!

Does anybody know if Precision is having an open house Friday? I read that they have in the past.

Tom

I'm going !!

Look for me in the Grey GMC Sierra X-cab and grey trailer. I'll be the one in the GN (the black one).

no trailers here:D

it helps that i only live an hour away from the track...

i can't wait to get this tranny back from vince janis and "break in" the new tranny...we will see how good his work really is:eek: :D :)

TurboLoyd and the Mrs....

We'll be there, but then again, we have to be there! But we are looking forward to it! And my husband's GN will be another black one.

No, PT&E has opted not to have their open house this year. :-(

Please drop them a line and tell them that you miss it - maybe they'll bring it back next year!

Sounds like a lot of fast cars are headed this way next weekend...

ShariB

I'm putting the motor together right now, hope to have it running tomorrow. I'll be there either way. See ya there!

Anyone got a link for more info? I have car show to go to that weekend, but maybe will be able to squeeze it in. It's at us41 right?

We should be coming out, the Pumpkin is ready and looking to run some new numbers. I was unable to crank it up at Etown last weekend, so hopefully things work well at Morrocco for us. We should be coming out with some other pretty quick cars, 8-9 second 10" cars. Tony Gomes and my bodyman Paul Thompsom as well as possibly a few others. For anyone that hasn't been there before, it's an awsome event, I've been there several times preferring Morrocco over Bristol. It's just a fun event in the middle of a big ole cornfield!!

Midwest challenge

I'll be there. As Jack said always a good time and a TSM race on top of that. Usually a good turn out. Trans is in now to hook up the shifter and lines and cooler and tune it up.

Steve :D

Re: Midwest challenge

Originally posted by XXQUICK6XX
I'll be there. As Jack said always a good time and a TSM race on top of that. Usually a good turn out. Trans is in now to hook up the shifter and lines and cooler and tune it up.

Steve :D

you are putting in a new trans too huh?:D i can't wait to get my car going again...i miss the shear power...i've been driving my 88 ford ranger 4x4 truck which has a 2.9L V6 in it...i think the first day driving my GN again i am gonna freak myself out when i go WOT:eek: so used to the slow ass truck

Q?-

how many cars are expected to show up for this saturday?

i read the flyer a few weeks ago-

test and tune is fri sat right? sat is buick all day only, and sunday is the payout right?

i just want to make sure i have the racedates correct
BW

Friday - Street Car Chaos night...HUGE event...tons of cars will be there...ALL makes and models are welcome to race...gates open at 5 pm...racing starts at 6 (clocks on) tree and clocks come down at 10 pm and the street racing begins...

Saturday - Buick only Car show, followed by test and tune all day long for all makes and models

Sunday - BUICK powered cars only....race day...big money races

i got my buddy to borrow a trailer from someone so now i guess i am trailoring my car to the track...it will be in a huge lifted/big tired red and white Ford f-150...damn ford is gonna be pulling my car:D