How Fast Will My Hot Air Pos Go?

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
well i get heat from intercooled guys so its time to open a can of all out whoop ass. anyways how fast will i run with all my mods and im getting the V1 intake hot air style and a 50 shot of nos. im going 13.1 right now with out nos and intake. let me know

best 13.1 @105

Brent I would go with Alky instead of the NOS, but that's JMO
Oh and add a trans brake :D

well i get heat from intercooled guys so its time to open a can of all out whoop ass. anyways how fast will i run with all my mods and im getting the V1 intake hot air style and a 50 shot of nos. im going 13.1 right now with out nos and intake

Nitrous is worth a bunch more at a high altitude track such as yours... and on a Hot-Air car that 50 horses will be worth somewhere around 80 horses. Intercooling effect plus the additional oxygen originally missing in the thin air higher altitude.

The intake alone would put you into the 12's... without the NOS.
I'm surprised your not talking to Jason and discussing the V2 setup. He can assist you in keeping it "hot-air" and this would eliminate the dreaded intake/turbo adapter. The V2 is probably worth a few more horsepower over the V1... with it's front entry and channeling of compressed air as it transitions into the intake.

I'm going to purchase a dual stage Compucar system. With some tuning and adjustment it should give me a strong top end charge. NOS works... I'm really surprised others are not trying it. When installed correctly, applied correctly, with adequate fuel delivery (and octane), and reduced timing it will cut 1 1/2 seconds or more from your et slip. Do a search of the www.GNTtype.org archives and type in "nitrous oxide"and see the responses. You'll recognize some of the well known names of folks who have used this successfully. Before you give any consideration to the naysayers you have to ask, "Have they tried it themselves?"

If you use nitrous... buy a complete kit... ensure you get the safety enhancements "fuel delivery pressure switch" (without proper fuel delivery you'll break something) "Wide open throttle engagement switch" You do not want the button engagement on the shifter because you'll deliver the nitrous at too low an rpm and in doing so will cause a rapid ramp up of torque that will potentially overstress parts. Engagement below 2,500 rpm is a no-no.

Louie

One thing to think about, you get 7 runs on a 150 shot, 12 runs on a 100 shot, and 15 runs on a 75 shot. The HP you will make with an intercooled set up doesn't need refilled. I would just make that extra HP with a more efficient set up. Tuning will become harder, and you will break stuff if not careful.