How Fast On A True Hot Air?

Intercooling 84

To Cool 84 and the rest of the gang, what all needs to be done to put an Intercooler on a 84 T-type?

To Cool 84 and the rest of the gang, what all needs to be done to put an Intercooler on a 84 T-type?

your best bet would be to get all the 87 stuff (intake, headers,intercooler accessory drive setup, etc and bolt it on your motor.

I will be selling a TurbMotion intake and pipes and a
86/87 intake setup with a JS Mfg upper plenum, too,
very shortly. I can sell the JS setup much sooner than the
TurboMotion setup. Can deliver both to BG in May, though.

PM'd you.

That's all you did and you ran a 13.6? (Oh and, sorry for screwing you out of your 4 tenths of a second. :D )

That's pretty good for a car that was only having under 200 dollars put into its actual upgrades to achieve such a time.

Is that on top of all of the other basic mods? 340 Walbro Fuel Pump and all the other basic things?

I guess it cannot hurt to see if I can get the same time. If anything, I'll at least run a low 14. Which beats the stock 15 second quarter mile these cars run. Then I can move from there. Thanks! (Also, anybody have any idea if any of our guys with Spearco's are going to be selling again soon)

-Saladin
hey now, 4 tenths is almost half a second which is a big deal :D

oh, i forgot the fuel pump.... then again i dont even count that as a mod cause the factory fuel pump was dead when i got the car same as the up pipe. stuff had to be replaced for it to even run... as is the case with most of these cars.

either do it hotair with alky/meth/propane injection or go full 86/87 setup... the spearco setup is a pain in the ass and not really worth the hassle... the injection kits out there offer much better bang for the buck.... 28psi w/no intercooler and no knock! cant do that with only an intercooler ;)

I know it's not the same but we have a non intercooled 327 chevy with twin plain jane t4's and it goes 9.60's with 10lbs of boost blow through set up with an 850 dp. non intercooled can go fast in low boost type situations like mine, but if I wanted to push high boost #'s I'd definately intercool it.

What type of car are you running the 327 in? Only 10lbs of boost on both turbos... impressive:cool: Any pics of this car and engine? I have a GS 455 that I plan to blow thru turbo. 10lbs of boost is about what I would like to run in my parts car 82 Regal.

Would it still be a true hot air???

Question. Would it still be a true hot air?? We are always looking for ways to make our cars faster. How about if you swapped out a 84/85 intake manifold to a 86/87. If you leave all the hot air parts like headers and everything on there you have only have to modify a few things and just run a pipe from the turbo to the throttle body. Or do the 86/87 swap to a hot air and don't use the intercooler. More parts avalible then. Throttle body, down pipes, better headers and all the other stuff. Would it still be a hot air. I get the biggest problem with our hot air cars is the intake. Just a thought??

I am going to use a 86 modded intake on my 85 T. My car will be able to go from Hot to Cooled just by changing pipes. I am just curious to test and see exactly what NOS, ALKY, and Intercoolers are worth. If you are not using a intercooler, most will use ALKY or NOS to cool the charge. The 86 intake was an improvement over the 84-85 intake. Ms. Jamie, Leeo, Brent, and others have done remarkable jobs with the Hot Air intake. Leeo and Ms. Jamie have bust the 10 sec zones with Hot Air intakes. Ms. Jamie did it with fewer cubes (3.8 vs 4.1):cool: .

Attachments

• 85_IC_set_up.jpg
    85_IC_set_up.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 99