How fast is my Buick?

DrkBluT-TyPe

1986 Buick Regal T-Type
I have a basically stock 1986 Regal t-Type...it has alcohol injection, chip,drag radials and is set to 22psi. My tuner said it was REAL torque'y but i would like to know my limits and who i can and cannot beat. Please reply :cool:

12.9-13.0

Since you have a tuner, you sure you don't have a Toyota instead?

He oughta know the HP output if he's a real gooroo tuner.

Last tuner I had was on a plate. ;)

Take it to the track or better yet to a dyno. day and show up the ricers. :cool:

Was getting a 2nd opinion.....my tuner said the same times you said........no offense not trying to come off as a jerk or anything. It's sorta my fault too for not posting EVERYTHING my tuner said...sorry for inconvience.

Actually you sounded like a troll rice boy. ;)

Tuners are nice, but you should read as much as you can, join some clubs, groups, listen to a lot of folks believe about 1/2 what you hear, and learn to tune fix and repair your own car. :cool:

Factory service manual is a great tool to use to learn, scantools are great to use as well as good gauges.

If you really are 16 and own one of these things be careful. :)

I started with a big long Olds station wagon at 16, luckily it had a big Olds V8 in it too. :)

Don't street race either hit the track, end of lecture. :p

If I'd have had a GN when I was 16, I wouldn't have seen 17

Geez, if that doesn't make me sound old......With a decent 60' on just the alky I'd say high 12's, low 13's, like everyone else..

How fast?

Just wondering what times you guys think I would pull with current setup. Looking at getting alky in future.

te44 wont do 9s , hes just bustin'

XLR8 said it ...youll never know what you have till you take it to the track ,

lots of 11 and 12 second cars on paper that only get 13s and 14s on the track

the TE44 should get you to the mid 11s , whether youll ever get there is another story , you may only get it to mid 12s or even 13s , depends on how close your chip is and if its off how well you can relate your needs to the chip maker .
at the start of the season with a ta49 I ran low mid 13s at 104 and now its consistant at 12.0 at 110
with traction ,experience and a real good tune you may see low 11s , well once anyway before they boot you for no bar.

I could only sqeeze out a 13.4 @ 101mph w/ 19lbs of boost at The Nats in KY on Goodyear Street tires(245/50/16's). No boost off the line with a 2.01 60ft. I think I could break into the 12's with my BFG Drag radials if I cuold just leave the line with a/b 4-5lbs of boost. The local 1/8th mile track is so bad I still cant leave the line with only 1lbs of boost. :frown:

mikebart101 said:
Just wondering what times you guys think I would pull with current setup. Looking at getting alky in future.

The guessing game says............................11.50ish!