How Do i Remove The Bezel Trim From a Tail Tight

ThaBozz89

Don't Try it You'd Lose
I removed 7 screws and took off the clips and the bezel feels like it wants to come off but can'tAnyone know what i do next

There are two clips that you cant see-they are on the flat outside portion where the black strips go in between the red lense-pry carefully or you can break the black trim-it happened to my friend.

The red arrow shows the largest tongue that....

There are two clips that you cant see-they are on the flat outside portion where the black strips go in between the red lense-pry carefully or you can break the black trim-it happened to my friend.

slides into a clip in the center of the lens. I just pried the portion of the bezel up that wraps around the side and slid an old plastic letter opener down the center valley between the bezel and the lens starting at the outside.

Work slowly and you will see where the attach points are.. It will come off - maybe a little PB Blaster would make it slip out easy.

It happens I had just taken my mine off and have one of the bezels in the house. In the pic you can see my TB.com and my old school desk top mess. :redface:

HTH

Attachments

• TaillightBEZEL1.jpg
    TaillightBEZEL1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 80
Got it

O i see now this was a little tricky to do,but thanks to u guys i dont have to buy new bezels.lol...But im gonna leave the trim removed becuz im gonna get the sequentials for them

slides into a clip in the center of the lens. I just pried the portion of the bezel up that wraps around the side and slid an old plastic letter opener down the center valley between the bezel and the lens starting at the outside.

Work slowly and you will see where the attach points are.. It will come off - maybe a little PB Blaster would make it slip out easy.

It happens I had just taken my mine off and have one of the bezels in the house. In the pic you can see my TB.com and my old school desk top mess. :redface:

HTH

I thought I had a messy desk top!!! But sorry, mine's still messier than yours, matter of fact, it looks 100 times worse than yours!! And I still manage to find the computer and turn it on!!!:eek: The papers, books pile are about 12 inches high. Car models on the computer CPU, on the desk, small HO train engines on my roll top desk upper shelf. Clocks, lamps.. Damn, now that I'm talking about it...about time I clean this crap up. Thanks, I feel better now. (and all around me on the office walls are pictures of my '87 Grand National in various shots, plus the window sticker, door and trunk build sheets, sunvisor oil change sticker, all kinds of crap. Right behind my chair is a large shelf with GN books packing it, plus a keyboard to keep myself entertained while waiting for long, long boring downloads. Next to that behind me is a full size drafting table with a track machine. Ah, the life.:rolleyes:)

Bruce '87 Grand National