How Do I Fix This, (Front Brakes)

JUSTAV6

Getting High On PSI
Wene Driving around And hit a bump or two, It has a rattle coming from the front brakes pads, Well wene a put the brakes on a little it go's away no rattle, The pads are farly new too, Do they make a kit to fix this??
Thanks For All The Help,
Seneca Lafler,

Brake Rattle

JUSTAV6,

I had a problem with my regal similar to what you are talkin about. I would pull the wheel and see if there is any slop in the caliper bushings or if the housing for the bolts are worn by moving it back and forth. Mine would rattle when I went over rough surface or hit a bump. As soon as I put pressure on the rotor it would stop. I replaced the caliper and it solved the problem, but you might be able to buy the bushings seperate. Hope this helps.
Thanx, Doug

Were the pads properly crimped into place? If this wasn't done, they will work, but will rattle. Make sure the little tabs were properly bent down to limit their degrees of free movement in the caliper. Hammer with a screwdriver or a pair of channellocks works pretty good for this.

Yep.....I just replaced the bushings and O-rings in mine, that little rattle was driving me CRAaaaazzzzzyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

Bowling Green use to sell a spring kit that would fit between the brake pads ( I believe the springs would locate over the pins with the pins inside the spring ). This was suppose to reduce drag but I would bet that it would help the rattling problem.
Jeff