How do I drain the gas tank?

rastaz

aka 80's Rob
Is there a fuel pump test lead under the hood of the TTA somewhere? I want to pump fuel out of the tank thru the fuel rail just like I can in my GN. Can this be done on a TTA somehow?

TIA
Rob

Hello there Rob!

Yes, you buy one fuel drain kit from Johns, but if you are in a hurry just disconnect the return line and screw a hose on the return line.....start the car and let the fuel pump out.
The return line is located between the generator and the brake fluid can, it´s the upper one, connect the hose on the pipe after you disconnected the pipe.

draining

like the swede said you can either hook tothe fuel rail or the fuel line top one, you want to put drain on metal line from fuel rail. Then you can unplug fuel pump relay( it is right beside the power brake booster relay close to tower( front top one) , you just unplug it and run a jumper between the two OUTSIDE leads- one is red other is tan. the red lead is hot + all the time so your pump will run as soon as you jump it. ;)

Here's one from Pearcy:

The TT/A made the change to install the Fuel pump test lead in the
ALDL connector (terminal G) so that the TECH 1 scan tool can test voltage to the pump and prime the fuel system on the Assy. line.

You can activate the pump by putting 12 volts on this terminal or consider installing our fuel drain kit which comes with a switch you can throw to activate.

John Pearcy
On-Line catalog www.Johnsperformance.com
This place is a real DRAG!!

Originally posted by TTA 1387
Here's one from Pearcy:

The TT/A made the change to install the Fuel pump test lead in the
ALDL connector (terminal G) so that the TECH 1 scan tool can test voltage to the pump and prime the fuel system on the Assy. line.

You can activate the pump by putting 12 volts on this terminal or consider installing our fuel drain kit which comes with a switch you can throw to activate.

John Pearcy
On-Line catalog www.Johnsperformance.com
This place is a real DRAG!!

Thats how mine is setup. I have a wire run from the back of the ALDL over to the fuse panel. Just plug it in and drain the fuel.

Thanks for all the ideas. I think I'll go with the ALDL method. Is port G on the ALDL the first port on the bottom row?

Thanks