how capable are these cars?

Braxton Jordt

I have a chance to buy an 85 t type and want to know what it will take to make it a 13 second car in salt lake citys altitude. Aslo will razors alky kit work on this car?

An alky kit will work and to get to 13's or even 12's is possible. We even have a few members that have broken into the 10's and at least 1 that is expected to make it into the 9's in the near future.:eek::D

I only know of 2 members that have ran in the 10's, but with that being said if you want a 13 second car and you are willing to do the homework and put in the time it's doable.

I would dump the stock ecm and upgrade to an 86-87 to have more tuning ability, upgrade injectors, fuel pump, go with razor's kit or run e85 and have my fuel lines upgraded. The stock turbo would be another limiting factor but I know Bison is working on this. Exhaust, 3 inch down pipe, like mentioned it really depends on what you can do yourself and how much you want to invest, seriously I wouldn't mind having a nice driver for the street only.