How bad can an exhaust leak hurt performance(crossover)

Momar

I know the reasons why it will hurt performance(spool up, and 02's), but to what extent. I have a pretty bad leak on the crossover pipe. I did a top end clean to look for leaks, and it was leaking on both sides of the crossover, but it was real bad on the passenger side. The flange where it meets the header is messed up pretty bad. I plan to get one of the mandrel bent 2.5" ones since I am replacing it, but can this have a signifigant effect.

Last time I got to the track, I only ran a 14.0 @ 95mph, but that was before the stall, injectors/chip, valve springs, air bags, and my ignition module went bad 2 days after I was at the track. Right now, the only problem that I know of still is that exhaust leak. It still doesnt feel as strong as it should be, but it does feel faster now at 15# than it did at 17-18 before. I have it turned down because my scan tool cable is messed up and I need to get it fixed before I can figure out how much I can run without knock.

Thanks

Ben

prolly the worst thing you can have on a turbo car like ours....fix the exhaust leaks

It wont hurt too much, i had a car with a header leak so bad you could slip a quarter into, it would still run 11.7s on nittos.

You really should fix the leaks, will help on spool-up and you will be able to control your boost correctly
BW

Not exactly what I wanted to hear. I was hoping that it was going to make a decent difference. Oh well, once I get the new crossover pipe on, I think I am going to take it to the track and see how it does to see if it looks like it is getting close to running what it should. I should have the powerstroke intercooler plumbed by then too.

Like I said though, it definately feels stronger than when I had it to the track before, so maybe all of the small problems that I have fixed will add up and get me to where I should be.

Thanks

Ben