Houston Buick Club, 1st meeting of 2003!!!

D

dconnor

Ok... the 1st Houston Buick Club meeting of the year / 3rd annual people's choice chili cookoff will be at Conley's Performance Plus www.conleyracing.com on Saturday, January the 25th. Come join us for some great food, fun, cars & people AND help us plan the club's events for this next year!!!!

The meeting will start at 11am, lunch will be at 12:30, a Q&A session with our own local Buick guru Lawerence Conley at 1:30 and raffle prize, 50/50 drawings and cook-off award presentation at 2:30pm. Lunch will be a pot-luck style affair with the main course being provided by the chili contest entrants & the club will provide the sodas/ice & cups.

Everyone who buys tickets for the 50/50 drawing ($1.00 each or 6 for $5.00) will also be in the hunt for some very cool raffle items such as an ice chest, folding camp chairs, & Buick models / collectables.

If you're planning to attend PLEASE respond here ASAP with an approximate headcount & what you'll be bringing to contribute to the feed. :)

See y'all there!!!

Doug C.

Come on guys. I know there are more people on this board that can make this meeting. It's always a good time, plus you get to see what kind of projects the Conley's got going on.

Later

By the responses to the HBC email list (20+ so far) looks like we'll have a dang good turn-out & at least half a dozen entries for the chili cook-off....

If anyone in the Houston area would like more info about the club and/ or our email list feel free to drop me a note at: captaininsane_o@mail.com

Doug C.

I'll be there :D Yes a meeting at Conley's is always a hoot especially with some chili to boot hehehe

Doug,

I'll be there for sure. You can also put me down as a maybe for the chili cookoff. My brother-in-law will probably be with me.

Ross

Myself and a friend may be there, but I may have to go to the farm instead and help my parents move some cows lol

Meeting Update: Raffle Items, CAR SHOW, etc...

We only have 4 "confirmed" entries for the Chili Contest so far & can use as many entries as we can get!!! Even if you aren't a chili meister, PLEASE feel free to give it a go!!! We need to have enough on hand for everyone at the meeting to get a taste of each entry, since it is YOU the members who are judging this contest! The winner will recieve a nice ice chest / cooler & 1:64 scale diecast GN model by Johnny Lightning.

We'll be doing a Car Show as usual with a slightly different twist on the judging process. Every member who is at the meeting by 12:30 pm will be asked to put their name in a pot. We will then draw 3 names out of the pot & those people will be the car show judges. All cars entered will be given a score from 1 to 10 & the three cars who are given the most cumulative points by the judges will get a trophy. So EVERYONE be sure to break out the wax/polish & have your Buick looking it's best for the show!!!

Raffle items I've collected so far include:

soft side cooler
pair of folding camp chairs
GN model by Revell
1:18 scale diecast Buick GS model
1:64 scale diecast GN model by Johnny Lightning

And thanks to the generosity of one of the club's infamous "grumpy old men" we also have:

1:18 scale 86 Regal TType WH1 Designer Series Model by GMP!!!! of which only ~490 were made!!!

You'll be entered in the raffle item drawing when you buy tickets for the 50/50 drawing which, if past meetings are an indicator, should be $100+ to the winner!!! Tickets are $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00 :)

All buicks are welcome. Bring it out. We should have a real good turn out.

Doug,
I've tried to get on the Houston buick club web site, but no luck. it keeps locking me out.....Im going to make a big ol pot of chili, so put me on the list.

See ya there.

The club lost it's free server so....

The website is out of comission for a while. I just don't have the time to find us a new host right now (getting married in March, selling my house, selling fiance's house, selling my camaro, travelling all the time for work....) & frankly not enough funds in the club account to pay for one.

Doug C.

If I can make It to the meeting I will need some info from ya'll I.E. Directions and Contact info so I can meet with someone just incase the roads decide to confuse my car. Time The meeting starts. It is about 3hrs to houston from austin (I think) Anyhow thanks for the invite.

Phil,
I live west of Houston in Katy. If you want you can meet at my house and follow me out. Call me on my cell 832 265 3444 if you want to meet up. I will be leaving around 10:30.

Later

Chris I am not going to be able to make this houston meeting. reason Job obligations. Let me know when the next one comes up.