Hot weather tuning?

chadly

I had my car out a few weeks ago and the temps were in the 60’s and humidity was low. My nephew and I played with the tuning for about an hour and we had the car running as strong as I’ve ever had it.
Tonight a friend and I went out to hit a bucket of balls and I was hesitant to take the car due to the 95 degrees and humid as it gets temps but did anyway. I only got on it a little once and I could hear the knock and see it record on the scan master (4.2). The car just ran hot and seemed sluggish. It seemed to run 175ish on the hwy with the air on. I realize this was not the ideal temps for the car but if I don’t drive in the snow and don’t drive in the heat I’ve only got about three or four months out of the year to drive. Oh and the rain too. It does that about every day so cant drive then either.
How do you southerns tune your cars in weather like this?

Chad

tuned

I would:
1. Get a better injector, like a bosch style SVO with the 4 small holes 43# or MSDs 50s 009s are only washing your cylinders down with the 3 stream spray pattern.

2. Back out a few degrees of timing in the chip.

I'm interested too...its pretty obvious these cars hate hot weather and i've def. been seeing more knock on the scanmaster too when i run her around. whats the best way to go about a hot summer tune...more/less fuel, etc???