Hot airs in Houston

King Hardhead

Anyone have a hot air (84-85) in or around houston?? I would like to come by and take some engine and other misc pics. I am buying an 85 GN and need to do some research on the 'stock' setup. Shoot me a pm or post here. Thanks.

Jon

I have an '85 T Type that is my daily driver, has a few bolt-ons, but mostly stock. I live in NW Houston & work near Reliant Stadium. Let me know if I can help. Jerryl has an '84 GN with some serious bolt-ons. You might contact him for he is the "hot air guru" :cool:

Anyone have a hot air (84-85) in or around houston?? I would like to come by and take some engine and other misc pics. I am buying an 85 GN and need to do some research on the 'stock' setup.
See below.

I have an '85 T Type that is my daily driver, has a few bolt-ons, but mostly stock. I live in NW Houston & work near Reliant Stadium. Let me know if I can help. Jerryl has an '84 GN with some serious bolt-ons. You might contact him for he is the "hot air guru" :cool:

Hey Robert,
I would be carefull starting rumors ....... I am no expert, just "Determined". (Other people call it "hard headed" :tongue: )
Actually, my car is very close to stock, and will be happy to assist. :cool:

When is the next meet?

(Other people call it "hard headed" :tongue: )

You must have seen me fishing before! If there is a hard head in the bay, I have probably caught it before!

What part of town are you in? I am in La Porte. Maybe we could meet up sometime, or at the next meet.

You must have seen me fishing before! If there is a hard head in the bay, I have probably caught it before!

What part of town are you in? I am in La Porte. Maybe we could meet up sometime, or at the next meet.

I am in the Sugarland area.
The car is in for paint, so a few more weeks.

Roberts DD will be a serious set-up when he is done!
He's been around these HA's for a long time.

I am in the Sugarland area.
The car is in for paint, so a few more weeks.

Roberts DD will be a serious set-up when he is done!
He's been around these HA's for a long time.

Well when you get done, shoot me a PM so I can stop by.

I grew up in Sugarland (Sugar Creek) and went to Dulles.:biggrin:

I might take you up on that! When is the next local houston meet?

The next "local" meet is next month (FEB.) will be our annual Chili Cook Out, date & details to be announced real soon. This Sunday (Jan. 6th) is the Lucky`s Rod Run to the Chicken Oil Co. in Bryan, Texas. See the posting in this section for more details.

See below.

Hey Robert,
I would be carefull starting rumors ....... I am no expert, just "Determined". (Other people call it "hard headed" :tongue: )
Actually, my car is very close to stock, and will be happy to assist. :cool:

When is the next meet?

Being "Determined" is the only way to figure some of these problems out. This Sunday is the "Lucky`s Rod Run to the Chicken Oil Co. in Bryan. Todd Kay ('87 GN w/LS1 front & rear brakes) lives there. See the posting in this section. Next month (Feb) is our annual Chili Cook Out, place & time to be announced. See you soon.

The next "local" meet is next month (FEB.) will be our annual Chili Cook Out, date & details to be announced real soon. This Sunday (Jan. 6th) is the Lucky`s Rod Run to the Chicken Oil Co. in Bryan, Texas. See the posting in this section for more details.

I will keep an eye out for the Feb meet. I have some axis chilli I can make. Won't be driving the GN there (in pieces), but I am sure you won't mind!

Being "Determined" is the only way to figure some of these problems out. ...........
You have no idea how many times I have heard;
"Why don't you switch to an IC'd set-up?" :tongue:

Hey Jon .....
Not trying to be nosey, but why did you sell the Evo (if you don't mind me asking)?

Well I bought a boat, and needed something to pull it with. I couldn't pass up 1.9% and 47K drive out on a loaded F-250. Diesel was cheaper than 93, so it was a small cost savings there.

I also sold the evo for the cash. Paid 27K drive out in 01-06, and sold it for 24K in 06-07. Made around 10K. That is the 'man math' version as my wife puts it.

I knew I wanted another turbo car to play with, as I enjoy wrenching as well as tuning. My evo was AEM tuned by me. I am still searching for a supra, but the GN will be fun as well. I paid 2700 for the 85 with two motors, and a little bit of work. The interior is the best part. I give a 8 out of 10. It looks like the seats haven't been sat in. Some paint, and maybe an 87 drivetrain with a FAST setup, and I think it will be a nice ride.

Being "Determined" is the only way to figure some of these problems out. This Sunday is the "Lucky`s Rod Run to the Chicken Oil Co. in Bryan. Todd Kay ('87 GN w/LS1 front & rear brakes) lives there. See the posting in this section. Next month (Feb) is our annual Chili Cook Out, place & time to be announced. See you soon.

Robert is another guru on the 84-85's. You talk about "Determined"
I think all of the Hot air guys are. I used to be back in 91,92,93.

Puddin