Hot air vs. intercooled turbo regals?

87GNattyKid

Hey, im in the market for a turbo regal and i saw a hot air one for sale on the forums which is right in my price range, but i dont know anything about them. I was just curious what the good and bad is with these cars, what the major difference is between intercooled and not, and most importantly...how fast can they get and still be a reliable driver?

I guess im basically trying to ask whether or not its worth it to buy a hot air turbo regal in better condition than the intercooled ones i can offord, or should i just wait till i have enough money to buy an 86-87 in good condition?

It's up to you on this. The IC cars are easier and parts are out there and fairly easy to find. A hot air car can be made almost as fast as an IC , but it takes a lot of work and knowledge to do it.

Most all of the turbo Buicks run 11.5 or slower but if you want a 10 second ride and want to make it easier get an IC car. If you want something that may be more valuable in the end get a HA car. There are less of them than the IC cars.