Hot air upgraades

chrisg01

85-gnturbo
What are some simple fairly inexpensive motor upgrades that can be made motor is mostly stock except for a poston enterprises chip

What is your definition of:
1-Simple
2-Inexpensive

Edit:
Did you get a chance to read the stickies?

Is the car running good? Whether you mod or not, fuel pump hot wire, TPS setting, electric fan (fiero, any F body, Dodge Intrepid) with help even stock cars now and in the future... BUT, big thing is whether the car is running correctly before modding.

Well iwas wanting to know what upgrades i could make without spending my pocket dry for future terms no the car does not run right and im trying to get that solved at the time what is the correct boost pressure for a hot air thats basicly stock is it 12 or 14 psi and how do u adjust the boost on the car

EVERY Hot Air I have come across has had different boost levels. I have seen any where from 8-11lbs of boost. The factory stated that stock boost levels of 10 psi (0.69 bar) which would give a stock Hot Air running 15.90's. I will give you the best advice I can give you.... use the SEARCH in this forum. Learn your car. You will not get much USEFUL help outside of this forum. The Hot Air Configuration is unique in every way. Hot Air Cars do not like alot of timing (20-22 degrees). Even if you intercool your Hot Air, it is still in Hot Air Configuration and it is WAY different than a 86-87 Intercooled.

Get your car running good in stock configuration and then plan where you want to take car..

How do u adjust the boost on the car 18 is way to high its probly a wonder it hasnt messed up with it bein that high

The wastegate on the turbo is one way. Check and see if your wastegate is adjustable? If it is not, you have a vacuum leak. Start on top of the Vacuum block on top of the throttle body.

I know i may sound dumb but how do u lnow if the wAstegate is adjustible i will check the vaccum

John is a GOOD Guy to learn from... soak up as much as possible... I will I was in Bowling Green....

Yes he is i agree i just stay so busy i dont have time to visit with him or anyone else for that matter

adding a cold air intake filter will wake the car up and not cost you very much