Hot air exhaust

bpman1234

So my 84 hot air headers Rusty probably crack to what are the options out there ?

I had the same problem with my 85 GN. OEM exhaust manifolds were very cracked. I bought a set of aftermarket "headers" and cross over pipe for 200$ and to my surprise they aren't half bad considering there is pretty much nothing out there that I had found. I did have to buy some V-band exhaust clamps for the manifolds to connect to the crossover pipe. And then a special exhaust clamp to seal the cross
Over pipe to its self (it's a 2 piece cross Over pipe). It took some tinkering to get it just right and sealed up properly but for 275$ I was pretty pleased with the outcome. https://www.ebay.com/itm/182018590848

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
^

Last edited:
i got the clamps from napa. I believe i used the 3" v band clamps. And a 2 1/4" slip clamp for cross over pipe. I have the part numbers written down at work. I'll post them on here if I remember to look them up

Yeah, I got a set of them too, they fit good. Had to open up the crossover pipe a little. Plus like dude said a good set of v-bands.

Attachments

• 20160705_153315.jpg
    20160705_153315.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 152
  • 20160705_153259.jpg
    20160705_153259.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 176
They look nice there like 198.00 now with free shipping . think that's the way iam going thanks guys .

All I had to do was open up the crossover pipe just a little so the smaller end would go in about a 1/2" to 3/4" of a inch more. I was good then, haven't put on clamp yet but after doing that the pipe aligned up good.

I saw these on ebay i wonder how hard they would be to install in the car. Also how are the ports in relation to the headers?

To be honest, the install while in the car I'm not sure of. The ports seem to align up good to me. Believe me anything was better than what I had. I'm might just buy another set for a back up.

I saw these on ebay i wonder how hard they would be to install in the car. Also how are the ports in relation to the headers?
I installed them while in the car. It took me 9 hours at the shop I work at. The down pipe did not come out of the car, I loosened it up and tucked it as close to the heater box as possible. It wasn't easy getting the new ones in but I was able to do it, I also had to discharge the AC system and take the lines off the compressor, and move the compressor to get the new ones in. Getting the old ones out was a lot easier than the new ones in. Driver's side is easy just passenger side was the time consuming one.

When i pulled off my stock manifolds, for the passenger side, i removed the altornator, unbolted the ac compressor and put it to the side, and im pretty sure thats all i needed to do.

When i pulled off my stock manifolds, for the passenger side, i removed the altornator, unbolted the ac compressor and put it to the side, and im pretty sure thats all i needed to do.

That would be a good way to start. The new manifolds are bigger diameter so I had trouble getting them in without removing the down pipe