Hot air cold air intake box

Hey guys, Im working on make a cold air intake box for my car to get the air filter back up in the engine comp. were it should be instead of behind the head light. Got a mock up on my car right now made out of some random stuff i had laying around. WORKS really good, can notice the differnce in the power. Let me know if any one might be intreasted in this, then once I get the final prototype down I will post pics. Im also working on a scope using a intake in the front spoiler to pull cold air up into the cold air box. Every thing is getting made out of alum. After i post pics if you guys want some thing like this I will make some. I will try to keep the cost down sense we can all use a brake on expensive HA parts:D This set up looks alot better then the cold air pipe going through the rad. support.

Im also going to make a prototype for 86/87 cars to. The canister for the fuel vapors will be relocated, working on the best spot for it right now. It will probely going to be moved next to the rad. above the frame, it will have its own little box to keep road dirt from getting in the filter.:cool:

Alright I will get on it for you guys. It will take some time, im going to make sure the look perfect first dont like ugly parts. Also would you like the power 6 emblem on the lid or any other buick sign.:cool:

Update, going to take some time for tubing to come in, also got to buy a few tools to make it how I want. Decided to go with ceramic coating to keep the heat out of the tubes so the air coming in stays as cold as possible. Need to know what you think would look better, ceramic chrome, ceramic black, or powder coat could be in the works. So costom colors could be in the works for the future. sense I will be building them one at a time I can do some costomizing if interasted.:D

Pics well come in time. I got to buy a few tools first to make it how I want it. AS for price, it well depend on what my final build cost is. I will tell you this im going to keep the price down so it doesnt burn a whole in your wallets. Going to try and keep it around the same price as the kits that are out right now. Im also bringing in some help to get the prototype done faster. First pics should be out in around a month.:D

This set up looks alot better then the cold air pipe going through the rad. support.

I would guess that is a matter of opinion. I didn't cut through any radiator supports to move my air filter either and the reason for this is to feed cold air to the motor instead of the heat from the engine, but everyone has their own vision of what they want for their set up. Good luck with your project.

This link is what I have used for four years. Works great. And no, water does not get into the intake. The only issue I had was my own stupidity. I did not use hairspray( as instructed) on the KN filter when the clamp was tightened.
This setup draws cold air from under the drivers side headlight out of the engine compartment. Good luck. Brad . HOT AIR Big Mouth Cold Air Induction System Page

Here is a PIC of the kit installed on my car. I have upgraded to the newer GM MAF sensor which is sorter than the stock 84-87 MAFs. I added a short 3 inch pipe behind the MAF and used a connector from Home Depot to secure the MAF to the short pipe and then to the pipe to the throttle body. Take-care. Brad