Hot-Air Chips

RSTTYPE85

RSTTYPE87 NOW
When I first came aboard the BB I remember reading a thread about a vendor's chip for our hot-airs that really helps the idle. I can't remember who that vendor was, any ideas?

Thanks

You might check with Red Armsrong at Quad Air. He seems to really know what he's talking about. It seems that there is really only two types of chips available for the 84, depending on injectors. His number is 440-235-3232. He makes quite a few chips for other vendors.

The chip seems to work good, but I have some other tuning problems. I found out that Red made the Postons chip.

Kenne-Bell made a chip for the hotairs that worked very good in my car. It has a lot of timing for pumpgas but makes a very good 100 octane chip for a "stock" car. Not sure if he still sells it.

The other chip I have is a Kenny Bell. I'm not sure what octane it is. There is a green flouresent sticker on it. It doesn't give me as much boost and fuel pressure as the Postons.

What I meant was my KB was a street chip but like a lot of chips in the old days it had a lot of timing. Over 14psi and it detonated on 92 but ran awesome with 100 octane.

Yup, that musta been either the Kenne Bell "Ultimate" <not likely!> or the "Hi-Lo Pro" garbage they put out. Only decent chip they ever made was the "Hot Flash". My Ultimate ran like sh!t, but the Lubrant chip made a large difference in performance without knock. Carter chips are s'posed to kick ass, too.

The first and only chip I used since the stock chip was a joe lubrant. I'm really satisfied with it, it really woke up my car. Haven't had any particular problems with detonation or anything. No complaints at all.

But now I need a new chip for my 86 87 ecm. I'll probably go with lubrant again, but I'm pretty straped for cash. I may be able to borrow/buy one locally.

Dave

Any chance it was Joe Lubrant chip from PTE ?
I was considering that one for my car but don't wanna sacrifice
any idle charachteristics.....I got that 200/200 cam. It doesn't seem
to affect my idle too much...
Anyone had experience with this chip ???

red won't normally do a hot air chip if you haven't converted to the 87 set up for ecm. Try atr they actually burn chips for hot airs no problem

I heard the pitbull (ATR) makes a strong chip, but Joe Lubrant will do both converted ECM and non-converted (stock) ECM hot air chips, and based on my chip experience, his work is excellent.

that is very true, I know he will do the set up for the hot airs and he gets all your information and will work with you on your set up.

Any chance it was Joe Lubrant chip from PTE ?

Yea that's what I meant :)

Tell him your mods, he should be able to make a good chip for ya. He asked me all sorts of questions when I ordered mine :)

Dave