Hot Air 3" Downpipe

2buicks

It's NEVER "Done".
Has anyone used the gbodyparts Hot Air 3" Downpipe? If so, any comments regarding fit? My concerns are how close it comes to the heater/AC box and also the ability to change spark plugs. Any close up pictures (or pictures in general)? I have a 2.5" but I am thinking about upgrading to the 3" but if I'm shelling out the dough, I want the fit to be nice. Thanks

Has anyone used the gbodyparts Hot Air 3" Downpipe? If so, any comments regarding fit? My concerns are how close it comes to the heater/AC box and also the ability to change spark plugs. Any close up pictures (or pictures in general)? I have a 2.5" but I am thinking about upgrading to the 3" but if I'm shelling out the dough, I want the fit to be nice. Thanks

I have the dp and uppipe from gbodyparts on my car. The dp was a VERY tight fit. It is very close to the heater box heat shield. And its a pain to change the spark plugs, since you have to take it apart. It is nice that it is a two piece dp, so it allows you to remove it a little easier. Looks badass, car runs and sounds nice! The loss of the turbo elbow, is visually appealing and is nice for performance. I don't have any pics yet, but if needed I suppose i could post a few. In my eyes, its pricey but worth the money. My stock pipes were junk and restrictive!

I have the dp and uppipe from gbodyparts on my car. The dp was a VERY tight fit. It is very close to the heater box heat shield. And its a pain to change the spark plugs, since you have to take it apart. It is nice that it is a two piece dp, so it allows you to remove it a little easier. Looks badass, car runs and sounds nice! The loss of the turbo elbow, is visually appealing and is nice for performance. I don't have any pics yet, but if needed I suppose i could post a few. In my eyes, its pricey but worth the money. My stock pipes were junk and restrictive!

Thanks for the info. Yes, my concern was how tight it would be by the heater box..and where it comes up between the up-pipe and heater box. I have an RJC flange already and was thinking of building a 2.75" version...that would give me the added (minimal) clearance and delete the elbow too. Decisions..decisions.

Each car sits differently on a frame. Some are real tight if the body is forward some have more clearances. Never had 1 returned because it wouldn't fit. 2Buicks after reading your build in your signature you would definently benefit from the 3" down pipe. I do have an ATR new down pipe here that uses the stock elbow brand new if your interested. Stainless. If you get our pipe & it doesn't fit send it back. Just don't bend it or damage it.
As far as cost.... there is a lot more into building that down pipe then a 86-7 style. Plus the sales are 1/10th of our 86-7 pipes. It also uses the RJC flange.

Each car sits differently on a frame. Some are real tight if the body is forward some have more clearances. Never had 1 returned because it wouldn't fit. 2Buicks after reading your build in your signature you would definently benefit from the 3" down pipe. I do have an ATR new down pipe here that uses the stock elbow brand new if your interested. Stainless. If you get our pipe & it doesn't fit send it back. Just don't bend it or damage it.
As far as cost.... there is a lot more into building that down pipe then a 86-7 style. Plus the sales are 1/10th of our 86-7 pipes. It also uses the RJC flange.

Thanks Brian. Is the ATR a 3"? If so, how much? I have an RJC flange that maybe I will modify the ATR to eliminate the elbow...? Thanks Greg

2.5" but it is mandrel bent. Not like the factory that closes down to 2" or less. E-mail me & I'll get you a picture tomorrow.

Your BEST bet is to just get a downpipe from Brian and be through with it. This is my next move... I have cut up too many 87 pipes, and one Bowling Green Customs pipe to make one that would fit...

Your BEST bet is to just get a downpipe from Brian and be through with it. This is my next move... I have cut up too many 87 pipes, and one Bowling Green Customs pipe to make one that would fit...

Couldn't agree more. I was a little hesitant, but the quality is always there when ordering from gbodyparts. They have everything! NICE pipes! :) Really! Who else is currently making a dp for hot air cars? Anyone?

Brian is the ONLY game in town and by far the best option. I have cut up more pipes than I care to talk about... We are blessed to ship have someone whom looks out for Hot Air... I have learned sometimes it is better to pay for knowledge and in this issue, 3 inch Downpipes, this is a no brainer... This is just my honest opinion....

One of these days maybe we can convince him to do a carbed down pipe.:D We do have a member that's made his own out of mild steel so the 2 of them could get together and use his for a template.;)

ill have to post pics of the one im making ..6.0 ford diesel down pipes with a little fab work and your good to go along with 4inch banks exhaust comming out the back of my 85 this spring;) whooooooossshhh