Horn and Radio quit working

clutchdump

Hello,
This is my first post. I have had Turbo Buicks since 1988 but have never posted before.
I currently have a TTA with 17K miles. The horn and radio have quit working and I am concerned that with the steering wheel controls that I may have a big job on my hands to fix them. Have any of you seen this and perhaps there is an easy fix. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Pull the center of the steering wheel (so the pad with all the buttons) its only held in place with some velcro type fasteners on the left and right side so just pull straight out ... under there you find an electrical connector but also the ground wire (black) ... it could be that one have either come loose or broken (mine was broken) so check that out as it's so easy to do that way at least you can rule that out.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that in the next few days and see what I find. Thanks again.

I could not wait after I got thinking about it and pulled the center controls out of steering wheel. I noticed that the connector on the ground wire was broken. I put a new one on and lo and behold the horn works now....
Thanks Jan so much for your advice on how to fix this. I was worried about tearing apart the column so now I am very relieved. Great Job.

I could not wait after I got thinking about it and pulled the center controls out of steering wheel. I noticed that the connector on the ground wire was broken. I put a new one on and lo and behold the horn works now....
Thanks Jan so much for your advice on how to fix this. I was worried about tearing apart the column so now I am very relieved. Great Job.

Glad to be of help, I wish all issues turned out to be this easy to fix :) This is a fairly common problem and as I mentioned I had the same on mine.

The radio has all of the displays on and all of the steering wheel controls work but I cannot get any sound to come out of it. I guess I will still keep digging for a cause of this. I was more concerned about the horn working as I needed to have one for the annual safety inspection so that I can re-license the car.