Hoosier quick time pro's

Renato Velati

I'm thinking agout buying the Hoosier quick time pro d.o.t.'s. 26.0"x11.50"x15" I want to mount them on the stock t-type rims, but it calls for a min. 8" rim.Do you think I can use them, and will they rub anywhere. Anyone using them. Thanks.

I think that's too much tire for the stock rims.
To be honest, I think an 8" rim is small. I have 9.5" rims on my daily driver with 11.5" foot print tire and they seem about right.

I put the 27" X 10.5" X 15" on an 8" rim and they look normal.

I don't think I'd try the larger 11.5" on a 7" rim that's for sure. :eek:

"Maybe" on the 8" rim but some had to roll the fender lips to fit that size so I didn't do it.

I have 3.75" backspacing on my AR wheels.

I put the 27" X 10.5" X 15" on an 8" rim and they look normal.

I don't think I'd try the larger 11.5" on a 7" rim that's for sure. :eek:

"Maybe" on the 8" rim but some had to roll the fender lips to fit that size so I didn't do it.

I have 3.75" backspacing on my AR wheels.

I agree! The widest tire I could get on my T-type rims were MT ET Street radials P235/60R15 (26"diameter, 9.5" sidewall width, and 8" tread). It didn't rub the frame but man was it close towards the back... I could barely squeeze my finger in between the tire and the frame. If you notch your frame or use will spacers, you could go a little bigger than the tire I mentioned I suppose but you're really limited with the backspacing and width of the stock rim. If you like the stock look, there are places you can find up to 10" stock style T-type rims (GBodyParts.com Online to name one).

Hey Salvage,
I'm looking into getting the 27 x 10.5 x 15 QTP like you mentioned. Because my MT ET Street Radials just aren't cutting it... The only difference in my rim is that I have 3.5" backspacing. Do You think I'll have any issues with the fit? I don't plan on notching the frame or a rolling the fender lip yet. Also, what kinda 60' are you getting out of them? Thanks.

I'm thinking agout buying the Hoosier quick time pro d.o.t.'s. 26.0"x11.50"x15" I want to mount them on the stock t-type rims, but it calls for a min. 8" rim.Do you think I can use them, and will they rub anywhere. Anyone using them. Thanks.

I think the 26x 9.50-15LT Quicktime Pro (part no. 17400) will work well on a stock T-type wheel. It's dimensions are the same as the one I mentioned before (I consider that tire the absolute maximum with stock wheel, no spacers, and un-notched frame). My only doubts would be the slight possibility of rubbing if you were to drop the pressure really low for track use. You can't really fit too big of a tire on these cars in stock form... Kind of disappointing. I'd recommend picking up a set of 8" rims (if not, larger) with 3.5" - 3.75" backspacing.
Good luck!

The rim width aside, why QTPs? Drag Radials hook just as well (actually I've found they hook better) and behave much better on the street.

Just my .02.

Jim

Can't get it to hook so I'm trying something different.

The rim width aside, why QTPs? Drag Radials hook just as well (actually I've found they hook better) and behave much better on the street.

Just my .02.

Jim

Jim, I know what you mean. I've been using the MT ET Street Radial and was happy with them while my car was bone stock. With just P235/60R15 ET Street Radial (26" tall and 8" tread) on stock t rims, 009s, stock unopened block, adjustable FPR and wastegate actuator I dipped into 12.70s at around 105-106 mph in the 1/4 with a 1.76 60'. At the track I could launch with 7-8 psi

Now with my new bolt on setup I'm using P275/50R15 MT ET Street Radials (26" tall and 10" tread) on weld prostars. I'm just trying something new... My car really isn't all that fast and I can't get it to hook for sh*t! I hear about some of you animals leaving the line at 10-15 psi That's rediculous to me. At the track I had to pedal a 5 psi launch until 10-20 mph then put the pedal to the floor to get it to hook. The best 60' I got was a 1.73 and ran 11.87 @ 117mph. On the street it spins on a 0psi launch, at the top of 1st and occasionally it spins at the top of 2nd. I've never tried QTPs but I wanna give them a try. I'm hoping the taller wrinkle wall will help my launch... The radials aren't cutting it for me. I'm also looking for drag slicks just for track only.

Now with my new bolt on setup I'm using P275/50R15 MT ET Street Radials (26" tall and 10" tread) on weld prostars. I'm just trying something new...

Try 275/60 radials. I've gotten a best of 1.53 out of my 275/60 MT ET Street radials so far. I really couldn't get my QTPs to hook (the MT ET streets replaced the QTPs).

My car isn't that fast either, but it will obliterate the 275/50 ET Streets that I keep on the car for 'street' duty. The 275/60s make a big difference.

Good luck with whichever you choose.

Jim

I replaced my QTP (27-10.5/15) with MT drag radials (255-60/15) and went from 1.7x 60' to 1.5x.

I'd go with slicks if you want the better/best 60fts.

I could only get the 1.7's at best and usually 1.8's with my QTP's.

I wanted to launch at 8psi. but it rarely worked/hooked. :p

Crappy track however, LVD in NY.

Never used them at Englishtown, maybe this year. :cool:

I may try some 9" slicks someday if I can do it easily and legally for tech.

They (Hoosier QTP's) do work better than the Nittos I was using.

They didn't have those new drag radials out when I bought mine. :frown:

Those are probably the best ticket for a street legal and drag tire. :)

I'd go with slicks if you want the better/best 60fts.

I could only get the 1.7's at best and usually 1.8's with my QTP's.

I wanted to launch at 8psi. but it rarely worked/hooked. :p

Crappy track however, LVD in NY.

Never used them at Englishtown, maybe this year. :cool:

I may try some 9" slicks someday if I can do it easily and legally for tech.

They (Hoosier QTP's) do work better than the Nittos I was using.

They didn't have those new drag radials out when I bought mine. :frown:

Those are probably the best ticket for a street legal and drag tire. :)

What have you ran on slicks compared to your 1.7 60' on QTPs? What size QTPs were you running?

Drag Radial or ET Street Radial?

I replaced my QTP (27-10.5/15) with MT drag radials (255-60/15) and went from 1.7x 60' to 1.5x.

That's incredible! Just for clairity... Are you talking about MT Drag Radials or the D.O.T. approved MT ET Street Radials? I see a lot of people refer to the ET Street Radial as the Drag Radial.

Has anybody used the 28x11.5x15 QTP (10" tread)? If so what kind of 60' did you get?

What size rim?

Try 275/60 radials. I've gotten a best of 1.53 out of my 275/60 MT ET Street radials so far. I really couldn't get my QTPs to hook (the MT ET streets replaced the QTPs).

My car isn't that fast either, but it will obliterate the 275/50 ET Streets that I keep on the car for 'street' duty. The 275/60s make a big difference.

Good luck with whichever you choose.

Jim

Again, that's a great 60'. What size rim do you have them on? I've got weld 15 x 8 prostars with a 3.5 Backspace. Do you think the 275/60 would rub on that rim? How much air did you have in them for your 1.53?

"I put the 27" X 10.5" X 15" on an 8" rim and they look normal." ;)

"I may try some 9" slicks someday if I can do it easily and legally for tech."

I haven't run slicks yet, but if I wanted the best 60fts. I would use them. :cool:

Trick to running the M/T's.... You gotta heat em up... alot. and really lower the pressure... im talkin ~15 lbs

Trick to running the M/T's.... You gotta heat em up... alot. and really lower the pressure... im talkin ~15 lbs

You get opinions all over the map on that. Some say just to launch without heating them up. I find it's best to get them really hot. My best 60' (1.53) was with 20 PSI in them, though.

Jim