Hooking Up My Oil, Water & Knock gauge.

kwcook

Water - screw into one wire sensor location on front of block. Right?
Best location to wire into? Acc Fuse

Oil - came with a sending unit, could I keep my stock sending unit and t out of it for the oil feed line to the turbo and take the other end of the t to the gauge? Wiring? ACC fuse

Knock Gauge - Wire into correct computer location, ground to good source, put into the Acc fuse or radio fuse to eliminate the need of a switch. Correct?

Any help is appreciated how many gauge lights can be powered by wring into the ACC fuse location? If only one what are alternative fuses and locations?

Long post, Thanks for the Help
Kyle Cook

For water temp in my N/A 85 V6 I tapped into the wire coming from the stock temp sensor so that I could still have the dummy light function in case of gauge failure.

For oil pressure, I bought many brass fitting from AutoZone and came out of the stock location about 3-4", put on a 90 degree elbow, the put on a t-fitting so that I could keep my stock oil pressure switch and hook up the sending unit. It took many trial and errors of the many fittings to get a good looking finished product, and it looks stock. I don't think these cars came with a factory oil pressure sending unit, just a switch. I tried wiring in to that originally but the gauge would not work properly, so I had to use the sending unit with the gauge.

For the ground, I grounded all four of my gauges behind the kick panel on the drivers side. For power, I hooked up into the fuse box into a empty space that had power in the ACC position. For my two gauges on the A pillar, I hooked the light wire into the fuse box along with the parking lamp fuse. The other two gauges I placed on the passenger side dash above the glove box (the long rectangular section where the grand national plastics are, in the limited, there is a light behind there) I wired the gauge lights into that positive wire for the factory light, since I cut all of that out.

Someone else will have to chime in on Knock gauges.

Water - screw into one wire sensor location on front of block. Right?
Best location to wire into? Acc Fuse?
Yes, Yes :biggrin:

......Oil - came with a sending unit, could I keep my stock sending unit and t out of it for the oil feed line to the turbo and take the other end of the t to the gauge? Wiring? ACC fuse
Oil pressure sender has other benfits, but in essence: Yes, Yes :cool:

........ Knock Gauge - Wire into correct computer location, ground to good source, put into the Acc fuse or radio fuse to eliminate the need of a switch. Correct?
Yes :biggrin:

..... Any help is appreciated how many gauge lights can be powered by wring into the ACC fuse location? If only one what are alternative fuses and locations?
The gauges do not draw that many amps, so you should be fine. :D

thanks both

So keep the stock brass fitting with the oil idiot light plug in. T into it , one end for the oil gauge and another for the oil feed