Hooked up the boost gauge, 13#'s?? WTF?

fly89gta

i find it odd, only 13#'s :confused:

In third gear it takes a bit to build the boost, but still, only 13#'s

i have a stock turbo non-adjustable wastegate thrasher 92 chip for bluetops

any ideas guys? i checked the vac. lines and all seems ok

the gauge should be reading correct..i hope it is, i love the car as it is now, adding 3 more #'s just to get back to stock, OH MAN :D:D

I had the same problem with my GN, I was pointed to the wastegate solenoid by UNGN and found two vac lines going to it instead of just the one from the wastegate.

Just one of the many possibilities :)

I know that the stock boost level on TR's was 13#'s...not sure about a TTA. I think 14 maybe...

Sounds like you're about right.

i thought TTA's were 16#'s

could be wrong though

if that's right on then ok, but it's going up a few pounds soon cause i'm running a bit rich, soooo instead of turning down the FP time to add more air :D

if i up the boost will that affect the whole output in the boost range or will it just be more boost at WOT?

meaning if i have the boost at 13#...at say 2500 rpms will i have the same boost at those rpms if its set at 16#'s?

my problem is i'm running very rich, i'm only runnin 13#'s so i've been told to up the boost to lean it out a bit..but if i up the boost will that only affect WOT?

ughhh still learning here..

running rich will kill spool-up and you said it is building boost slowly especially in 3rd. but beside that you might want to check for possible exhaust leaks in the manifolds, crossover, into the turbo stuff like that. pre turbo leaks will also hurt spool-up and max boost. it isn't a great idea but try to take the line completely off the wastegate and get on it for about .5 to 1 sec and see if the boost comes up more and believe me it will come up quickly withough the WG in the system. if it does go up real fast and real high start looking into the WG system, puck stock open, alignment problems stuff like that. if not my bet is still something like fueling or exhaust leaks

yeah i still have to check for exhaust leaks, i'll probably do that tonight :)

thanks!