Hook, line and sinker

WE4posi

I bought an 87 t-type, AKA Natasha, in January of this year. She spent the winter on my buddies lift getting a fully adjustable rear suspension and coil overs. She was pent up staying out of the snow and off the ice like a good girl. Fast forward to spring.
I had driven Natasha to work and weekends and I enjoyed the ride. But something was missing. Compliments, sure of course they love her. Hey nice car, Grand national right?, or hey I know what that is and I like it. Still I was feeling a void.
Until today driving Natasha was like going to prom with a hot cheerleader and not getting to first base. Oh boy did I try the past few weeks. I've passed Mustangs, Challengers, Chargers, Camaros, and foreign stuff. No bites. No nibble. No nada.

Last weekend I really began to feel like it was my fault. What had I done? Why won't they race me? I pulled up next to a Supera. No thank you he must have said, you are old and weak. Then on the same road a 2015 Stingray. Nope, you are missing two cylinders and you are built like a box go back to the 80's he scoffed. I think he said that, not even a thumbs up. Jerk face. Well it must be me, it can't be Natasha cause she is smoking hot. Fast forward a little more.

Today was like any other day. Work then school. But on my way home it happened. Just like in the fairy tales I was told as a kid, it unfolded. We pass a gas station and I noticed a black Shelby GT500 was about to pull out. As I passed I rolled off the gas. The GT500 turn to follow us and took the bait. Hook, line, and sinker.

He pull up next to me and the passenger gave me a thumbs up. I reciprocated and smiled. Truthfully l was nervous. My foot was twitching above the gas pedal but I waited for him. Plus Natasha likes to be courted. I heard a surge of air being sucked into his car as he took the lead. The GT500 was just a car length away before I matched his pace. Natasha eagerly gained on him until I slowed down for traffic.

Knowing full well we where both game we went at it again. I pulled up next to him doing about 45 and launched it. Natasha left him just like she gained on him, real steady. We met at the light and he motioned me to roll down the window. That wouldn't have happened if I was in a lower gear, he said as he turned off the road.

Please, I was in overdrive.

Thanks y'all! It felt so good to get my first kill in. If the weather is nice next Friday I will take to the Clarksville TN drag strip and see what my 1/8 mile time is.

*Heavy duty rocker arm shafts
* Precision PT-6265 polished
*63 mm Precision exhaust housing
*84 lb Delphi injectors
*Modified ECM to run bigger injectors
*adjustable fuel regulator
*Red's volt booster
*Red's hotwire to fuel tank
*Red's Dual in tank fuel pumps
*New E-H pump assembly for brakes
*RJC power plate
*GN1 Performance Super Extreme front mount intercooler
*GN1 cold air intake with K&N filter
*Aluminum Radiator
*Dual Spal fans with Casper's Harness
*LC1 Wide Band
*Scanmaster
*Turbo Tweak adjustable chip for E-85 settings
*Janis Stage II transmission
*Hughes aluminum deep transmission pan with 700R4 filter
*HR parts trans mount
*PTC 3200 stall lock up converter
*New heavy duty U joints
*external transmission cooler
*ATR 3 inch down pipe
*ATR headers
*ATR exhaust
*ATR Pit Bull mufflers
*Mickey Thompson tires

Yes, stock heads. I would like to freshen up what I have with a rebuild. Then my mind starts to race and I think about stage ll engines. Reality eventually wins and I just leave it alone. For now anyway.

Last edited:
I think 25. Not sure cause my gages are not set up right. Cruising my gauge reads zero and when I punch it, it will hit 25 or so on my gauges (stock and one pod gauge).

But I don't hear any pinging.

Last edited:
"..you are missing two cylinders and you are built like a box..." lol

Great story.

Do we get to see Natasha? I see no pics of her.

Bam!

Attachments

• 1429058693229.jpg
    1429058693229.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 242
Natasha, says hello

Attachments

• 1429060575560.jpg
    1429060575560.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 225
  • 1429060631143.jpg
    1429060631143.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 240
Lol, awesome story. Always good to get that first kill!! Still waiting on mine though. Seems like when I'm in the GN or the 69 Camaro all I pull up beside are minivans or pickups. When I'm in the Tahoe I see rustangs, Camaros, etc. one day I will get the first kill. Hopefully soon! Thanks for the post

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

So his excuse was he would have don better from a slower roll or a dig? BS I have driven a 740RWHP GT500, he has every advantage at 45 lol

So his excuse was he would have don better from a slower roll or a dig? BS I have driven a 740RWHP GT500, he has every advantage at 45 lol

No, it sounds like he was trying to make the claim he wasn't in the meat of his powerband, i.e. - the wrong gear and didn't know they were racing.

In any case, the fact that he felt the need to clarify his loss means his ego was pretty wounded; I bet he thought about it the rest of the night.

No, it sounds like he was trying to make the claim he wasn't in the meat of his powerband, i.e. - the wrong gear and didn't know they were racing.

In any case, the fact that he felt the need to clarify his loss means his ego was pretty wounded; I bet he thought about it the rest of the night.
Thats the point I was making.