Hood Spring

oldtimer

Anybody got a specific lighter hood spring that they are using .. like from a certain model car rather than me going to the hardware store and mixing and matching ?

This is for a fibreglass hood

Any help and/or suggestions ( part numbers ) would be appreciated

Thanks,

George

hood

i had a fiberglass hood on a malibu,i took the coil part of the hinge off and used a prop rod,worked fine for me,,,just a thought

Freight Train said:
i had a fiberglass hood on a malibu,i took the coil part of the hinge off and used a prop rod,worked fine for me,,,just a thought

Thanks,

I'm going to use the gas struts ( old worn out ones, ones that won't support the heavier steel hood ) to hold the lighter fibreglass hood up

I'm referring to the spring beside the hood latch, that makes the hood pop up when you pull the hood release cable. I need a lighter one than stock.

George

if you need stuts kirban sells lighter weight ones for the fiberglass hood.

for the pop up spring you could use the stock , clip a coil or two off the bottom and spin it into the the rad support , then stretch it up a bit

My GN came to me with a 'glass hood and no spring at all (?!!). I made an aluminum plate that is bolted to the front edge of the hood. I then cut down a stock spring to 2.25" free length and anchored it to the Al plate.

Pic was too big to attach; PM me if you want it emailed.

Loren