Hood for a 70 OLDS 442

When I had my '72 Supreme I looked high and low for one I could afford. Finally found one that needed repair but never could get it fixed. No longer have the Cutlass:( but last weekend I just missed a '71-'72 Ram Air hood for $300:mad: I didn't need it but it was well worth that price.

Try Brother's Automotive. They are about 15 min from me in Stanley or Stillwell, Kansas and deal in all things Cutlass. Not sure if they have a web site or not.

I just happen to have a fiberglass ram air hood that I picked up at a swap meet once for $200--never been used. I'm planning to use it for my Olds Rallye 350 "ground up restoration" project someday. It will be my one and only attempt at a frame-off job. Still acquiring skills, wisdom, and knowledge.....just another 5 years or so...I'm slow....:D

Hehehe, sorry Mike....It's gonna wind up on something yellow at some point in the near future...;)

Wish I knew you were going to build one, I could have sold you all my Cutlass parts:Rally Pac, dual gate, '70 only sport mirrors, Sport Steering wheels, etc, etc.....:( Still kick myself.

There's a place called Thornton's in Pa (just across the Walt Witman Bridge from NJ) a resto shop that is licensed by GM to repro the ram-air hood, I've seen this hood, looks and fits better than an NOS one, you're gonna pay a few bucks for one but once you see it, it'll be well worth it www.thornton442.com

Originally posted by gn1220
Wish I knew you were going to build one, I could have sold you all my Cutlass parts:Rally Pac, dual gate, '70 only sport mirrors, Sport Steering wheels, etc, etc.....:( Still kick myself.

Dang! I woulda bought the whole shibang, too....oh well, it's still a few years away....maybe they'll be repopping the whole darn car by then. :D