Hood binding up/wont close

krisking94

Okay so I've been trying to not annoy the community with this but I still cannot solve the issue. I had my engine harness replaced due to fire and my fender / inner fender structure R&I. Now My hood won't close. No the latch is not on yet but the hood won't even close that far down. It acts as if something in the back of the engine bay is giving the hood resistance. I can see nothing hitting it tho. Removed the rubber stopper on the cowl...no luck. Took off the shims for the hood and top of the fender... no luck. You couldn't even force the hood closed if you wanted to. Thank you for the help everyone.

OTE="John Larkin, post: 3678532, member: 469"]Oil the hinges?[/QUOTE]
I don't think that's is the issue.

This is how far the hood will close

Attachments

• 1468094201331.jpg
    1468094201331.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 69
How bad was the hood burnt?
Try placing the hood on w\o hinges attached see how it fits...Mike

Metal warps with the temperatures a fire creates.

Does the hood fit squarely when you test fit it without the hinges?

Did the fire damage bind up or distort a hinge? What about the hinge springs? Extreme heat will mess up most any spring pretty quickly.

Last edited:
From the pic It looks like the safety latch is stuck. Does it move freely?

Can you look under the hood with bright flashlight. Should see something.

OTE="TurboTGuy, post: 3678565, member: 34996"]Metal warps with the temperatures a fire creates.

Did the fire damage bind up or distort a hinge? What about the hinge springs? Extreme heat will mess up most any spring pretty quickly.[/QUOTE]
Thr

OTE="TurboTGuy, post: 3678565, member: 34996"]Metal warps with the temperatures a fire creates.

Did the fire damage bind up or distort a hinge? What about the hinge springs? Extreme heat will mess up most any spring pretty quickly.[/QUOTE]
The fire did no damage to any exterior panels.only the engine harness and 3 spark plug wires were damaged. Fire started underneath from broken fuel return line shooting gas onto the very hot downpipe

The fire did no damage to any exterior panels.only the engine harness and 3 spark plug wires were damaged. Fire started underneath from broken fuel return line shooting gas onto the very hot downpipe[/QUOTE

Check out what No Disintegrations suggests. You'll get it figured out.

Even though you are having problems, you are a very lucky guy.