Hood alignment

AN/GSC-52

20170604_205743.jpg
I've read numerous posts but still have this issue.
Changed the body bushings to polyurethane and now hood doesn't sit flush at header panel. took off latch, loosened all bolts, even small ones on the side and no luck. It feels like hood spring bottoms out before hood is flush with header panel.

any suggestions appreciated.

View attachment 304456
I've read numerous posts but still have this issue.
Changed the body bushings to polyurethane and now hood doesn't sit flush at header panel. took off latch, loosened all bolts, even small ones on the side and no luck. It feels like hood spring bottoms out before hood is flush with header panel.

any suggestions appreciated.

it may help to have another person there to snug the bolts down after you loosen them up to move the hood to close the gap. my dad and I went through this and he loosened the bolts, I lifted the hood while he tightened the bolts back down then we shut the hood and the gap was pretty non existent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks, I do have a helper and even with everything loose and Appling pressure I can't get the gap to close. sides are flush just not center.

I just had the same problem,bought new hood from goodmark and couldnt get it lined up. You have to remember these car weren't put together all that well to begin with. My hood,is on and closes but let me tell some the gaps are crooked as hell. Took me an hour to get it to where it is. If i wanted to tear the entire front of car apart plus the fenders imsure i could get it better. Point is sometimes its just has to be good enough, these cars are all sideways to begin with.