Honest, Flowmaster Force II System Question???

1BADT

TurboHolic
I am looking into replacing my exhaust sytem with one of these set-ups. How loud is it and how bad is the drone? The 2 main things I am trying to avoid... Any opinions are greatly appreciated, THANKS

i have the flowmaster muffler-back on my car.. and its pretty quiet. you can hear it running, but if you walk about 30 feet away you cant tell the d@#$ thing is even running. i dont notice any drone at all.

Flowmaster

Hello fellow members,
I had a flowmaster force 2 cat back on my 87GN. I was also worried about the performance and drone. I liked the flowmaster, it was quiet and back pressure was not to bad. The spooling of the turbo will be louder then the exhaust note. My car ran 12.80s with it and a hypertech 2 chip. The stock muffler was louder then the flow master. I ended up replacing the system with a ATR 3 inch crossflow setup and i like it very much as well. I wanted a nice SS setup, flowmaster will rust. It is a little louder and but not bad 0 back pressure.
Tom:)

I'm sorry to say that I have one on my car. It's very, very quiet, but I experience drone at 55-60mph. The worst part ( on my car anyway ) is the backpressure. If i run it at 20psi, I get compressor surge like crazy. If your spending the money get the Hooker or ATR. IMHO

Donnie

Get the Hooker system. If you are really worried about quiet. Get the Hooker with stainless mufflers. If you really, really want quiet. Get Kirbans GNX stainless exhaust. That thing is quite. Free Flowing too(2 1/2").

Thanks for all the great replies. I keep hearing great things about the hooker set-up. But I really like the Crossflow style sytem. Anyone else have opinions on the Flowmaster system. I really have to know for sure before I go get another exhaust sytem.
Thanks, JASON

flowmaster system

Hey Jason I just put that system on my car about 2 months ago. I like it very much. The only time its loud is when you open it up. Other than that its a good system and I only drive my car in the summer so the system will last. You will like it and also it took me about 30 minutes to put the whole thing on including a new y pipe.

87 Turbo T WE4

I got one on my grey TR and it's pretty quiet, but I'm gonna change it because Flowmasters have alot of back pressure. On my white TR I have a single shot 3" system with a Flowmaster muffler. On the street I was seeing 14 psi in 1st and 2nd gears and it creaped to 16 psi in 3rd. Went to the track and opened up the dump tube and the boost shot to 27 psi in 1st and 2nd and 30 in 3rd. Didn't touch the wastegate. When I closed the system back up and messed with the wastegate and raised the boost to 25 psi all that back pressure caused the head gaskets to unload, there was no detonation.

To be brutally honest, the general feeling in the TB community is that the Flowmaster set up is crap for the TR. Just too much backpressure killing performance. Do a search on Flowmaster and you'll see what I mean.

Donnie