HOLY GRAIL of HOTAIR

Waco84GN

Member Boost-aholics anon
I have been wanting one of these for a long time and I finally got one. This piece is almost a must have for hot air owners. The piece I am referring to is the modified turbo bracket that my father (a machinist) made for me in the past week. :D We weren't going for double fisted access to the turbo oil drain, but instead were going for just a way to see the dang thing and maybe even a way to persuade it into the grommet. My dad cut the hole with an mill and then welded mounting tabs to the back side of the bracket. This way the bracket can still function as a heat shield to the injectors and still get us the access we need. There are a couple of pics of my dad's work and I feel as though this bracket will do the job very nicely.

Jerry Jr.

Attachments

• plateout.jpg
    plateout.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 238
another pic

here's one with the plate in looks pretty much like a stock unit

Attachments

• platein.jpg
    platein.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 199
hmmmm,the answer to an old ,uh,discussion.:D

looks cool to me.nice work.

later,sean

I elliminated the plate entirely... lol

If you use the ATR uppipe and the rear turbo mounting stud you have enough support IMO.

If you retain the plate your set up is the way to do it. Allows access to the rear injectors and the dreaded oil return tube.

Originally posted by cool 84
I see this thread turning ugly. In before lock.

ah hell,i haven't seen dan smith since the big crash,so i don't think there's much to worry about:)

As big of a PITA as he was, it's kind of boring without him. I agreed with him on a lot of things but he was so easy to set off I just couldn't help it. Is he on the other board?

Hey Sean, was that you that said you were driving to the Vegas Meet in another thread?

Very nice. Wish I would have seen this a week ago before I sand-blasted and repainted the bracket and already put it back in the car! Oh well, maybe next time it comes off.

What a nice piece!!!

What I don't understand, any maybe it's just me but I have never had trouble reaching the oil drain tube. I don't have small hands, either, but I have always been able to reach around behind the throttle body and slip that sucker in ;) . Nevertheless, a very nice job on that bracket!!!

Ken

1984 Grand National

hell yes...

Originally posted by cool 84
Hey Sean, was that you that said you were driving to the Vegas Meet in another thread?

yup,i'll be there.a bunch of us are gonna caravan down.

i'm hoping to get my tranny back in this weekend and go make some passes.got an alky kit sitting here too:).

oh,and i wouldn't say dan is easy to set off.i would say that he really knows his sh!t and he refuses to take crap from anybody.i for one miss having him around.

later,sean