holy crap!!!!!!

idaho gn

behind the learning curve
i was @ the machine shop looking @ my motor and the machinist asked me a question......how much do you torque the mains to on a buick v6......i said what motor well it here in the corner....so i look @ it its a 109 block so i made a phone call to get the info.......cool right......well the story is that the macine shop custome is bulding a tt motor for a customer......the customers requirements are that the motor make 500 hp......the price tag is 40000.00 thats right 40k.......why cant i find this guy? crazy.

I like the part where he is spending 40k at a machine shop where the machinist has to ask another customer for torque specs.:biggrin:

I like the part where he is spending 40k at a machine shop where the machinist has to ask another customer for torque specs.:biggrin:

Yea thats real re-assuring. I hope he spends the 40K on lottery tickets and looses every one of them.

torque spec whats that. I thought it was 5 clicks of an 1/2drive impact:biggrin:

For $40k I could get 500 hp out of my wifes 2 litre Camry:eek:

Some people have more dollars than sense.

Hahahahahha

We've come across a few of those shops too. Thats awesome:eek: :eek:

my machinist is square decking the block thats it he isnt building the motor

Wow, fourty grand! I should be over 500HP with less than $8,000 invested.