Holley HP timing and wiring questions

kwiktsi

I just picked up an 89 turbo ta with a Holley HP system in it. I'm in the process of cleaning up the wiring on it and wanted to verify the ignition wiring. They have the "est out" on the holley going to a white wire on the ignition connector and the "bypass out" going to a brown and white wire. Are these correct? The car ran and drove fine and the marker moved around the timing maps as it was driven, but I never verified anything with a timing light, just "ass"umed it was working. How would this be wired into the holley and how would the ignition be set up as well?

Also, the motor is *about* 9.4-9.5-1, anybody have any timing maps for comparison to what's in here?

The Holley seems to be done right and supposedly by a reputable shop, but the previous owner was a bit of a clown, to put it nicely, so I'm just giving it all a good once over. Thanks.
Joe

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply but what am I looking for? That link took me to the carburetors tab by default. Are there specific diagrams or something for this motor? I have all the diagrams for the holley side of things. I'll dig around there now and see if there is something I missed. Thanks again.
Joe

Thanks for the reply but what am I looking for? That link took me to the carburetors tab by default. Are there specific diagrams or something for this motor? I have all the diagrams for the holley side of things. I'll dig around there now and see if there is something I missed. Thanks again.
Joe
Open the link, look at the top menu bar.. it defaults to carbs. The second tab from the left is fuel inj. Clik that, and it'll take you to all the info on efi systems. Scroll down to yours.

Open the link, look at the top menu bar.. it defaults to carbs. The second tab from the left is fuel inj. Clik that, and it'll take you to all the info on efi systems. Scroll down to yours.
Yes, I'm aware of all that and have all that info. It's the car side that I was curious about to make sure it's wired to the ignition correctly. From what I can find for wiring diagrams of the ignition module online, it appears to be, but I wanted to verify with others who hopefully have a similar setup. Thanks.