Hobby Farm

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
Anyone have a hobby farm here?
I had to buy one ever since my parents moved out of town and bought one 10 yrs ago. My family thoroughly enjoy it for years.
I currently own 4 acres, but I cant have any animals, so I am excited to move to my new hobby farm on 8 acres
just wondering if anyone else has a hobby farm. If you dont, your missing out!

Well I guess you can call mine a "Hobby Farm" It's supports my hobby for sure lol... Back in 2003 I bought a 4 acre Horse farm and before that it was a Cattle farm. The newer generations did not want to maintain the Cattle farm so it was broken up and sold. The house and about 4 acres were sold to the previous owners, they turned it into a Horse farm. They had 24 horses there at one time. Eventually they filed for divorce and the farm had to be sold. I bought and replaced Horses with Horse power. Now it's called the Turbo Farm. mainly it's filled with Turbo Buicks but I love all kind of Turbo cars so they're are plenty Turbo cars on the property. I also raise Japanese KOI as hobby/ Keep my Agricultural exemption, therefore there are several ponds and fish and so forth. This was the best move I've made. I was tied of paying storage for cars ..now I am in heaven.
Prasad

I have heard of this farm before. lol
I like having and doing whatever I want on my property(even though the Govt, still owns it) and being able to raise my own crop, garden and animals. I too will keep my Ag exemption for harvesting my own alfalfa on the property.
its funny because I mow 4 acres and it cost's time and money. My new farm pays the taxes and then some without having to mow all the acreage. Cant beat it.

We put up hay on nearly 40ac...not exactly a hobby but certainly not a living of any kind. Crazy amount of work but love the lifestyle. Plus I can do burnouts n hot rod around and neighbors don't care;)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

4 acres here, house, garage and a 30x30 shop, w/ a aux storage attached.
QUIET!! 1+ mi from "town"..All 260 people, 2 churches, gas station, p/office and a working cotton gin...
It's just like I began w/the country life, some 60+ yrs ago. There were 5 girls, 4 boys in my grade school grad class!:cool:
And, we don't call 911!:smuggrin:

I envy you 4-5ac folk...perfect balance of privacy and maintainability. Love those tiny towns! Not many cool ones left close to any work.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Around here if your farming 4 or 5 acres is called a good size garden.....lol.

I have a hobby farm of 100 acres growing corn and soybeans. Compared to my neighbors it is a glorified garden. I work full time during the day but it is my "work" on the farm where I really can relax (that and turning wrenches on cars).