High pressure fuel line removal.

Nasty Wendy

Perverted Lurker
OK so my fuel supply line is leaking through pin holes in the section of line that follows the frame rail. The leaky area starts at about the driver's door hinges and leaks for about 1 foot. I would like to change out this section of fuel line. I've taken off the fuel filter and disconnected it in the engine compartment where it comes out of the frame. I've looked and found a bolted in clip that holds in place along the frame. With this clip off and the line disconnected at the fuel filter and up front that section of fuel line still seems really dam snug in there. Is there a clip hiding that I still have to remove? Any help in getting this section of line out will be appreciated. I do want it out to not have a dead line there but I also want it so that I can make sure I get the proper ends on the replacement I bend. It also looks like it would be a freaking PIA to change a fuel filter with that line still there unused. So it is disconnected on both ends and I've removed one clip holding it to the frame. What else is needed to get it out? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure there is a clip that holds the brake line and fuel line right as the fuel lines 90 degrees towards you before it runs into the frame a couple inches back from the pro portioning valve. The bolt is hard to get to. It is facing up and almost has to be taken out by feel.

I can try to take a picture where mine was when I get home. I'm going off memory so the details may be a bit off.

OK. I didn't find another clip but it was rather snuggle held by the brake line. I unbolted a clip that held the brake line and finagled it partially out. I don't think this line will come out in one piece. I'm going to cut it where it goes back into the frame and see if I can pull the front section out where it exits the frame in the engine compartment. I'm pretty freaking sure I won't be bending a replacement line. I think I could bend a line to put in by bending as I go but I don't think I'd get a prebent line in there. I'm leaning heavily towards using highpressure fuel hose at the moment.

Buddy, I did not see or feel the clip you described. If that sucker is in there it is hiding well.

Amazingly when I cut the fuel line the two pieces wiggled and jiggled freely. I was able to get them both out without much trouble at all. Its off to the hose people tomorrow to see what I'll need to replace this section with highpressure hose.

Classic tube sells replacement line. It is I believe $90.00. I bought the push lok stuff like the stuff jegs sells. It was super easy and cheap

Wasn't your car a frame off deal when it was resurrected from the dead? All those lines should have been replaced.

Wasn't your car a frame off deal when it was resurrected from the dead? All those lines should have been replaced.

Yeah Mark I actually purchased a kit that contained all the new lines from a board member. It was sold as a 'Turbo' kit but turned out to be a naturally aspirated kit. Shawn was able to use all the brake lines and rebend the tranny lines and use them but of course the fuel lines in the carb kit were to small so they weren't used. The feed line used was one that Shawn had on another frame at his shop and it didn't leak until a couple of weeks after the first start. It is one of the risks of buying parts from members but I was really surprised by this given which member it was. I'm not telling who it was because I have not talked to him about it. Even the new fuel lines were going to eventually get replaced as I have 4.5l Stage 2 that will reside in the engine bay after I get this puppy going. Then I'm going to compete it in TSA.:D