High O2s, but looks like I'm lean??

R

ri87T

My O2s are around 790 - 800 during WOT when leaving from a standstill. When I accelerate from a roll, they are around 830. I checked some of my plugs, and they are white, indicating a lean condition. What's going on? I have stock injectors, and my fuel pressure is set at 36psi. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

Your 02 readings are actually right where you want to be. 805 millivolts is equal to 12:1 air fuel, and for turbo buicks, (torque monsters) that is a good fuel ratio for torque.

But to get an accurate 02 reading you need to do it in 2nd and 3rd gears wot, and really the 02 readings are really not truely accurate. Unless you have the wide band o2.

You did not mention any chip, and with stock injectors at 36 psi and all those mods you might be running lean just cruising, I doubt it, but look at your blm. If it is way above 128 during cruise or close to 150 then you need to balance out the low end with more fuel. That would appear lean due to the fact you are cruising more than at wot.

Need more info for this one.

Scan tool, 02 readings at the end of the 1/4, blm at cruise, fuel pressure with the line on, stock chip?

Forgot to mention, I am running the stock chip - I need to upgrade that sometime soon.

Originally posted by ri87T
My O2s are around 790 - 800 during WOT when leaving from a standstill. When I accelerate from a roll, they are around 830. I checked some of my plugs, and they are white, indicating a lean condition. What's going on? I have stock injectors, and my fuel pressure is set at 36psi. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

I was at 830, and thought I was kinda OK.

Hooked up a WB, and saw it was 12.5:1!!!

Started adding fuel at 11.8 car was really runnning good, oh and the O2 were still 830ish.

Stock O2s are a joke.

If you plugs are white your lean reguardless of what the O2 says

Yea, I realize the stock O2 isn't all that great. I'd like to run a wb, but I don't like the fact that I can't record it. I was thinking of using an SMC egt, which has recall. I guess that would be better than what I've got now.

To get a good read on the plugs you would have to cut the car off at WOT. I wouldn't recomend it for our cars because of the turbo. If you'r doing a WOT blast then crising back to read the plugs the "READ" will change to around 14.7 to 1.

I think your on the right track with the egt meter. Use the egt and KR for tuning. For the most part, forget about the O2 readings.

For now do as Spoolinup said and take your readings at the end of the 1/4. Should see eight-hundred ten milivolts.

Good luck